1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

help me decide~!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shwashwa, Jun 4, 2005.

1. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    hypothetically speaking... if you had the chance to buy a KSD v70j or a G&L tribute 2000 for the same price , which would you go with? i've tried a g&l and liked it alot... never tried the ksd. is the ksd made with cnc routing too?
    thanks
    GAS

2. KSD.

better yet... get a Conklin :)

3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    2 entirely different basses. I'd chose a Lakland 55-02 :bag:

4. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    that was not one of the choices... i know they're 2 basses.... i like jazzes and like the g&l...which one give more bang for the buck?

5. I think they are pretty comparable values, personally. I have tried both and liked both quite a bit. I would choose a G&L because they come in blueburst and I already have a jazz bass. However, since you're not me, I don't really know which you should get.

6. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    bump

7. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    I have no experience with the KSD, but I never feel any compunction (look it up :D ) about recommending the Tributes. Best bang for the buck I've found. Of course YMMV.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Two completely different bags of chips. It's salt & vinegar vs. KC Masterpiece. Can't compare.

Play 'em both.