1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP ME DECIDE!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by midgabassman, Jul 8, 2012.

1. midgabassman

midgabassman

Jul 8, 2012
    Hello everyone! I'm new here so I hope I'm doing this right. I'm about to purchase a new 5-string bass and need some honest opinions to help me decide which way to go. Right now, I have it narrowed down to two basses. The first is a Lakland 55-02 deluxe, and the other is an MTD Kingston Z5. I need some help deciding since I have no where nearby to try these out before buying. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Well,
    you really can't go wrong with either one. Both are gonna be bad a$$. Music style/preference? Tone goals? then those who have or do use them can help you better. fwiw I like Lakland, but I'm a simple hard rock, hard country type of guy. Have fun & try try try to take a test drive if you can.

3. PlungerModerno

PlungerModerno

Apr 12, 2012
    Ireland
    You are weighing up two much loved instruments. There is no guarantee you won't get a lemon, but if you can't try either, my advice is.... compare features and prices, get a good return option, and rock hard!!!:bassist::bassist::bassist:

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I'd give the nod to Lakland, as you'll find the first thing that folks do when they get an MTD is upgrade the pickups and preamp.