1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me find a hard case for my Conrad 5020...Please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by db4124, May 21, 2012.

1. db4124

db4124

Oct 13, 2011
    Washington
    I have a Conrad 5020 hollow body and am looking for a hard case to fit it. The body is about the same size as an archtop guitar. The dimensions are as follows:
    Total length 45 inches.
    body width 15 1/2 inches
    body length without neck 19 inches
    thickness at bridge about 3 1/2 inches

Conrad5020.jpg

Any suggestions would be greatly apprecieated. Nothing at my local GC would fit.

Thanks in advance.:help:

2. grendle

grendle

Mar 4, 2011
    Central FL
    Might have to order it, but a Gibson case for one of their hollow body basses might work. Perhaps a case for an acoustic bass? It would probably give you room for soft foam inside the case as well. That's all I got....

3. db4124

db4124

Oct 13, 2011
    Washington
    Can someone take some measurements of a Jack Cassidy and of the Ibanez hollow body. Cases are still available online for those. I am not having any luck finding cases locally to try it in.

Thanks
    Dave

4. joeyjoejoe

joeyjoejoe

Apr 12, 2010
    did you have any luck with this? i just got one of these and am trying to find a case as well.
    acoustic bass case fits, but i don't want to pay that much for something that i need to modify.
    i'm thinking about trying one of those ibanez artcore bass cases.

5. db4124

db4124

Oct 13, 2011
    Washington
    No luck yet. I am using a gig bag for an acoustic.

6. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Inactive Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Call me tomorrow at 732-919-6200 and we can discuss. I think I can help you.

7. Dremon

Dremon

Feb 14, 2014
    Hello, I can see this is an older string of posts, but wanted to ask if anyone might take a moment and chime in on whether they found a good hardshell case solution for their archtop bass. I just picked up a Conrad 40096, which looks just like db4124's axe. Thank you for your time.

8. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    I have the single pu version - a sweet little bass! I have an oversized Gator gig-bag and would prefer something more form fitting (either gig-bag or case) if you ever locate something.