1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me out, need advice!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Baydelmusic, Feb 26, 2008.

1. I recently just started a new band, and I'm going to be upgrading my gear, well basically just my head.

Keep in mind, I'll be playing shows in front of about 100 min - 600 max. (Small Tour)

I currently have a SWR 6x10 (great condition) , and a SWR 350.

I'm looking for something that will really hold the low end, but also give me amazing tone.

(I have a fender jazz bass, but will be purchasing a Schecter Studio 4)

My budget is about a grand.

I was thinking about purchasing a VB-2 Peavey, or another tube or tube/hybrid head.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Flintlock

Flintlock

Jul 3, 2007
    Southampton
    For $1000, you could easily afford a good solid Ampeg or GK. They're kind of opposite ends of the spectrum so try and try one and see which you prefer, but theres a heck of a lot out there. Is there a local store with any range you can try?

3. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    +1...

Asking other people for amp recommendations is about the same thing as asking them what your favorite color should be...

You got a decent budget there and your town should have lots of places to tryout gear. You owe it to yourself to grab your cab/bass and compare every single brand/model you can find. Otherwise you'll always wonder if the one you passed on would of been a much better choice.