Help me prep a meal.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Microbass, Jun 30, 2004.

1. My GF gets back from her vacation in 2 weeks, and should everything be cool between us Id love to make an evening meal (actually doesnt matter)...

setting the scene isnt at all a problem (i am a big cliched romantic-bum after all!) but when it comes too food?! i know zilcho!

im thinking a 2 course meal, main course n then a creamy desert.
    id like to stay away from sea food, apart from salmon. Salmon is cool. maybe not the most romantic fish in the sea, but hey!
    anyone have any ideas on what I could make (or buy..;))? or any websites with some recipes...? any "romantic foods"? (not like fruit, thats for "afters").

and no, im not tyring to score, and yes, i am a cheap bastard. but im a muscian, its ok. :hyper:
  2. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I like to make spagetti, with a nice tomato sause, adding some: browned choped meat & mild italian sausage, with a side of garlic bread. For desert I'll go with cheese cake or maybe ice cream sundays. You can also serve a salad as an appetizer to all this.

The chees cake would be the most expensive part to the meal. pasta, chopped meat, sausage, and garlic bread are relitivly inexpensive.

Chicken is also anoter good option IMO
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Spaghetti AND chicken! :D
  4. have chicken paremesean on spaghetti noodles with a cream-based sauce (e.g. alfredo) and french bread with a dip of grapeseed oil. also have a salad with sliced cucumbers, cranberrys and walnuts with a walnut raspberry vinagrette. for dessert i would go with an apple cobler and vanilla ice cream

thats really romantic food-wise.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nah stay away from spaghetti man. It has no flare. Do a google search for "romantic recipes" or something like that and pick something that sounds good. There are thousands of recipes on the net. Don't be intimidated by something that sounds good because it looks complicated. All you have to do is follow the cooking instructions and allow yourself enough time.. With a little effort you'll wow her.

BTW, I'd recommend considering Orange Roughy over salmon if you do fish. It doesn't have a "fishy" taste or smell and is excellent in taste and texture. You'll like it. Another thing that's real easy but tastes great is to buy a fancy pizza crust and some sauce but instead of typical pizza stuff load it up with orange and yellow bell peppers, artichoke hearts, fresh roma tomatoes, fresh chopped basil and oregano, etc... Only do that if she's into that sort of thing of course. People are occasionally impressed when I put together one of these gourmet pizzas and it's really quite simple.

brad cook

Edit: Thinking of you's salad mentioned above would be a good addition to any of this too.
  6. Word.

My brother is apparently an excellent cook, and he made something like this. He makes everything from scratch, so it all tastes devine. Even without farm fresh ingredients, you could make a kick ass meal. Chicken Paremesean is an excellent choice.