Help! My Zoom MS -60B Died During Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by izoman, Mar 6, 2018.

1. izoman

izoman

Mar 2, 2007
    I need some help! I was recently updating my Zoom Ms-60B pedal to the 2.0 firmware when by some glitch, the process froze on my PC and my pedal seemed to lose all data and 'died'. It does not go on when powered, whether by adaptor, USB, or battery. It isn't visible on my PC as a USB device...it seems to have totally died out on me. Is there any way I can fix this?

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I assume you've pressed and held the up and down button's whilst plugging connecting to your PC via USB? This puts it into update mode (like a safe mode)?

Otherwise, you might want to email zoom for support.

3. izoman

izoman

Mar 2, 2007
    Yes I did...followed the procedure to the letter...it just conked out during the actual update process... seems like I'll have to talk to zoom...Thanks.

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Okay, I'm just wondering if holding those buttons down and plugging the USB in again might bring it back to life. I've rescued a couple of smartphones in a similar way. Wouldn't turn on at all, but holding down a couple of buttons and plugging in got them into 'DFU' mode as was able to restore them.

5. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Best of luck and please keep us updated :thumbsup:

6. Jerrycan

Jerrycan

Aug 6, 2019
    Did you manage to sort this problem out - mine's just done exactly the same!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022