Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help needed on my Zoom Pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CaNaDaRoCkSoY, May 27, 2005.

1. CaNaDaRoCkSoY

CaNaDaRoCkSoY

May 9, 2005
    Georgia
    Right now I have my nice Boss ME50B pedal which gets all the effects I ever need. Although I found this Zoom BFX708II Bass Multi-Effects Pedal at guitar center for a eye catching price. Anyways, the main reason I bought this was for the drum machine inside of this pedal. Although I have no idea how to use it. It says to assign it to a patch and then by programming it to the speed and order, you can use the pedal to switch from sound to sound. The only thing is how do I assign it to a patch and how do I sequence them to fit my needs. The manual seems to be of little to no help to me in helping me understand this.

Much thanks in advance,
    -Nosboca'j

2. I have that pedal, only going to use it for samples in the background tho (got a Smart Media card for it)

TBH, i didnt think you could order the drum beats, i thought you could only have one playing at a time then have to manually change

3. CaNaDaRoCkSoY

CaNaDaRoCkSoY

May 9, 2005
    Georgia
    Thats what I have been doing. Although when I read the manual it says other wise, it says you can program them in lines and they will play in a row. So i went to a review of the pedal and it said that you just need to assign it to a patch and then line the patches in a row. Then set to the speed and then press down on the main pedal to toggel from beat to beat. So I cross referenced this with the tech support at the zoom company email help and they confirmed it but were little help in wise of how to make it do that. So again, if anyone can find how I can assign/line up these patches to created a nice drum beat.

Otherwise I bought a plastic pedal that isn't worthy to be pluged in my effects board with my other pedals.

4. CaNaDaRoCkSoY

CaNaDaRoCkSoY

May 9, 2005
    Georgia
    still waiting for help.....................anyone? I know zoom isn't a popular brand of pedals but surly someone here has something similar requiring patches and sequencing.

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    thats a terrible pedal, id just go with a seperate drum machine, yes its more expensive but you def get what you pay for when it comes to zoom.