Help picking out an amp please..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Timbo, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Hi guys,
    I was thinking about getting a bassman 100 or 200 amp, but I am hearing mixed reviews about them.. So I was wondering if maybe some of you guys could pick out a amp for me, with some of the specs I need. 100 - 150 * or 200 if its not too much more *. Has a horn, under 700 dollars, 65-70 lbs or less, and has good finger playing tone, and pretty good slap tone. Also I would really, really much prefer a combo amp.. Any help would be greatly apprecieted. * I will prolly hit up guitar center in like 2-3 weeks, so maybe a used one is a good option? *

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Whats the difference between a Horn and a Tweeter?

:edit: Oh ****, I forgot to say I need something that supports low B really well.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  5. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Hmm... It doesn't look like guitarcenter carries that combo amp... ><.. Was looking really nice too.. I won't buy somethig unless I hav e played it.. :-(

6. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Bump

7. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    You should try out the Yorkville XM200 or XM200T. It sounds great, and I think it covers all the things you were after. I'm not sure if it has a horn though... I can't remember.

8. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I think I am going to order the Ashdown, even if I can't play it before hand. I have only seen great reviews of it, and after searching about 2 hours I found a website that actually has it in stock. Besides, if I don't like it I'll just take the 60 dollar restocking fee, and think of it can be shipping because I get free shipping.

9. YORKVILLE!!!!!!!!

10. YORKVILLE!!!!!!!!

XM200
    XM200T
    XS400
    XS400T

THE GREATEST COMBOS!!!!!

11. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  12. i look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! i'm going to try to get to some music stores to try out amps this weekend, but i don't remember seeing ashdowns anywhere locally for me.

13. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Yeah it's kinda hard finding a place to try one. Guitarcenter didnt have it, sam ash, musicians outlet * little store near me *.. So I just shot in the dark because I am yet to find a review thats less than great.. So if I don't like it I'll just put the 60 bucks in for restocking, the gas to drive to guitarcenter/sam ash would cost the same.