Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help picking out an amp please..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Timbo, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Hi guys,
    I was thinking about getting a bassman 100 or 200 amp, but I am hearing mixed reviews about them.. So I was wondering if maybe some of you guys could pick out a amp for me, with some of the specs I need. 100 - 150 * or 200 if its not too much more *. Has a horn, under 700 dollars, 65-70 lbs or less, and has good finger playing tone, and pretty good slap tone. Also I would really, really much prefer a combo amp.. Any help would be greatly apprecieted. * I will prolly hit up guitar center in like 2-3 weeks, so maybe a used one is a good option? *

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  3. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Whats the difference between a Horn and a Tweeter?

:edit: Oh ****, I forgot to say I need something that supports low B really well.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  5. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Hmm... It doesn't look like guitarcenter carries that combo amp... ><.. Was looking really nice too.. I won't buy somethig unless I hav e played it.. :-(

6. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  7. Yossarian

Yossarian

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia
    You should try out the Yorkville XM200 or XM200T. It sounds great, and I think it covers all the things you were after. I'm not sure if it has a horn though... I can't remember.

8. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I think I am going to order the Ashdown, even if I can't play it before hand. I have only seen great reviews of it, and after searching about 2 hours I found a website that actually has it in stock. Besides, if I don't like it I'll just take the 60 dollar restocking fee, and think of it can be shipping because I get free shipping.

9. YORKVILLE!!!!!!!!

XM200
    XM200T
    XS400
    XS400T

THE GREATEST COMBOS!!!!!

10. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  11. i look forward to hearing your thoughts on it! i'm going to try to get to some music stores to try out amps this weekend, but i don't remember seeing ashdowns anywhere locally for me.

12. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Yeah it's kinda hard finding a place to try one. Guitarcenter didnt have it, sam ash, musicians outlet * little store near me *.. So I just shot in the dark because I am yet to find a review thats less than great.. So if I don't like it I'll just put the 60 bucks in for restocking, the gas to drive to guitarcenter/sam ash would cost the same.