Help Shipping Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Humblerumble, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    Hey All, I sold a 4x10 cabinet on Ebay and now I'm trying to figure out how to package it to ship it. The original box that it came in is long gone. In the past I've gotten boxes from my buddy at a local music store, well he doesn't have any. The UPS store and other "packaging stores" want $100 to pack it. Any ideas?
  2. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Get some of that pink foam from any big-box home improvement store. I think it might be called Celotex. It comes in 4x8 sheets and is about an inch thick. This foam is pretty dense and should withstand the torture chamber we call UPS/FEDEX. Use the foam between the cab and cardboard. I would use scrap cardboard and piece it together around the cab with lots-o-tape. If your in the retail district of your town, do some dumpster diving for scrap cardboard. You can find some large heavy duty scrap pieces in no time flat. You just have to swallow your pride and hope to god that nobody you know sees you doing this. Good luck!
  3. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    Go to a furniture store or appliance store and get a larger box and cut it down to size. You can always take large pieces of cardboard and wrap and tape the panels around your cab. Your cab doesn't necessarily need to fit "into" a box, it needs to be protected by a couple of layers of corrugation. You can tape it on.