Help- Trying to find this exact spec'd Ken Smith Hadrien Feraud bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kmrumedy, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Hey guys - I am trying to find this exact spec'd bass in the information below (preferably in Canada but most likely have to get it from the states). It's hard to find info on these basses.

Does anyone know who sells them or where I can get one? Anyone have one for sale? I am looking for a Ken Smith Ebony top, Maple neck, with Jazz pickups. I really wish Ken would make basses with maple necks as an option available on his higher end basses.

Neck:
    Bolt-on 3-Piece Laminated Aged Hardrock Maple with Graphite Inlaid Bars,
    String spacing: 17.5mm string spacing at bridge, 34" scale, Rosewood finger ramps
    Fingerboard: Bird’s eye maple with Mother Of Pearl Side Dots and facing dots
    Body: 2 piece Swamp ash
    Top: Macassar Ebony with matching headstock
    Finish: High Gloss

Weight: 4kg, 8 15oz

Headstock: Smith design, Matching with body top wood (£100 option)
    Hardware: Black Smith Hardware with Smith QSR Bridge and Dunlop "Flush Mount" Straploks
    Electronics: Smith 3-Band 18-Volt EQ Circuit Bass, Mid & Treble with Pickup Blend, Master Volume Control with active/passive push/pull & Smith Custom Bass Single coil Pickups,

These basses are being built under license from Ken Smith bass guitars by one of Japans top custom shop builders, Sleek Elite, who have been working with Hadrien since 2008 on this bass. It has some unique features like the new "Smith: style headstock, the new preamp with a 4 position mid select and the optional rosewood finger ramp to add Hadriens finger technique. This bass is perfect for those players looking for a warm voiced bass for technical playing styles in a beautifully designed and hand built package.

KS2_zps2gxepdfq.gif

2. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

I saw Hiromi Trio Wednesday.
    Hadrien was siting in for Anthony Jackson.
    From where I was sitting I thought he was playing an Alembic.

3. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    He's using his Ken Smith for that show as far as I know.

gebass6 likes this.
  4. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Anyone ?

5. gebass6

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    Kmrumedy likes this.
  6. gebass6

And Hadrien Feraud Signature? - Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB)

From Ken Smith himself:"I just posted this above so read it again please!

Hajime or Sleek Elite in Japan is producing them. Maybe some of these questions should be directed at him, you think? He is a member here so why not get the info straight from the source?

Funny thing I just noticed. On the Member List under 'H', Hajime's name is right after Hadrien's..

I don't know when these will be available here in USA or even WHO will be selling them. I will look at the prices and see if it's something we want to handle directly here in USA. I think these will be quite expensive. At lease twice the price or the old Burner Artist model but then again, we haven't made those for about 15 years either. Double price seems about right given the 15 year difference and the added features the Burner Artist didn't have."End quote.
    Ken's Corner (Bass Forums Sponsored By KSB) - View Profile: Hajime Hirose

Hajime Hirose Sleek Elite is who you want to contact.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Kmrumedy likes this.
  7. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Awesome! Thank you so [email protected]

gebass6 likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021