help with fender JB MIM tuning machines

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by xJohnx, Feb 2, 2018.

1. xJohnx

xJohnx

Feb 2, 2018
    want to buy some black tuning machines for my 2000s fender JB MIM, all I can seem to find are ones that do not have the correct mounting hole measurements, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

John

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Lownote38 likes this.
  3. xJohnx

xJohnx

Feb 2, 2018
    Those seem like the correct ones but a bit pricey than what I was looking to spend, any other cheaper options you know of?

4. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    If you want black, I don’t know of another drop-in replacement.

5. xJohnx

xJohnx

Feb 2, 2018
    Ok thanks.

6. Picton

Picton

Aug 16, 2017
    Reading, MA
    I’ve got some extra I’d be happy to sell you cheap (off a 1994 MIM), but the prior owner might have had to redrill for them; the headstock they came off of has a lot of holes from a lot of different tuning machines over the years, and I’ve got no clue what the originals were.

My top holes are spaced at 26mm, bottom at 18mm, and they seem to be about 44mm diagonally.

Anyway. Let me know.

7. xJohnx

xJohnx

Feb 2, 2018
    I will measure
    the ones that came off my bass measure 26mm and 20mm so yours are much closer than everything else ive been seeing, can you DM me a picture of them?

8. Picton

Picton

Aug 16, 2017
    Reading, MA
    Sorry man, not til Monday. I’m out of town until then. They’re no-names, nothing special, and they held tune fine. I threw some chrome Hipshots on there. Black isn’t my thing.

If you PM me your address, I’ll send them out next week sometime.

9. xJohnx

xJohnx

Feb 2, 2018
    Just want to see if they will work on my bass without having to modify it a bunch how much you looking to sell them for?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2021