Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with pickup wiring...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kingcakebaby, Jan 4, 2005.

1. kingcakebaby

kingcakebaby

Sep 20, 2004
    Tiffin, IA
    Hey everyone....
    I have a 1992 Fender Precision Bass Deluxe Plus. It has stock Fender Lace Sensor pickups (P/J). It came with active electronics, which I took out. I've been trying to install new pots and wiring to make it passive while keeping the Lace Sensors in. My goal is to have 2 volume controls and a tone knob. I have the basic jazz bass wiring diagram which utilizes the 2 vol/1 tone setup.
    The Lace Sensor pups have three wires coming from them. A white, a black/white, and a green. According to the Lace website, the hot wire should be orange. It appears that instead of orange, the white wire is hot, and the black/white and green wires go to ground. I tried this, along with the rest of the wiring per the diagram, and I have no sound whatsoever.
    I should also add, this bass has an output jack that is on the bottom and uses a long jack, which can be wired in either mono or stereo. I have the "hot" wire going to the taller of the two things. Maybe this is my problem.
    If anyone has any possible suggestions, please let me know!!! Thanks!