1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help with pickup wiring...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kingcakebaby, Jan 4, 2005.

1. kingcakebaby

kingcakebaby

Sep 20, 2004
    Tiffin, IA
    Hey everyone....
    I have a 1992 Fender Precision Bass Deluxe Plus. It has stock Fender Lace Sensor pickups (P/J). It came with active electronics, which I took out. I've been trying to install new pots and wiring to make it passive while keeping the Lace Sensors in. My goal is to have 2 volume controls and a tone knob. I have the basic jazz bass wiring diagram which utilizes the 2 vol/1 tone setup.
    The Lace Sensor pups have three wires coming from them. A white, a black/white, and a green. According to the Lace website, the hot wire should be orange. It appears that instead of orange, the white wire is hot, and the black/white and green wires go to ground. I tried this, along with the rest of the wiring per the diagram, and I have no sound whatsoever.
    I should also add, this bass has an output jack that is on the bottom and uses a long jack, which can be wired in either mono or stereo. I have the "hot" wire going to the taller of the two things. Maybe this is my problem.
    If anyone has any possible suggestions, please let me know!!! Thanks!