Help with this SVT8x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by April Ethereal, Nov 2, 2011.

1. April Ethereal

April Ethereal

Jul 23, 2010
    hey everyone, Im very close to buying an ampeg SVT810 HPC, wonderful cab, brand new too! But would I be able to power it with my ampeg b2re 450wt head? I just wanted to ask you experienced guys if my head is safe for that big of a cab.

Thanks so much, I have to make the decision tomorrow!

2. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig

Oct 8, 2009
    8,385 feet in the Colorado Rockies
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    You could but at some point I suspect you're be trading that B2RE in for an SVT of some sort.

3. April Ethereal

April Ethereal

Jul 23, 2010
    yes I would like to upgrade but at the moment I have to stay with the b2re, so my b2re at 450wts is safe because I heard that this cab has a larger wattage than the normal SVT?

4. April Ethereal

April Ethereal

Jul 23, 2010
    [Im just worried about under powering the cab]

5. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    you'll be fine pairing the 810 with the b2re. Read some of the stickies about cabinets and wattage to get more clarification. themacinator is right about you probably wanting to upgrade your head at some point, but you are not endangering the head or the cabinet by running them together. good luck!

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Underpowering is a myth.

7. April Ethereal

April Ethereal

Jul 23, 2010
    Thanks everyone! Sorry if the question sounded kind of stupid or simple, but you guys just helped alot :]

8. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    You only ever need to worry about overpowering.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021