Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MCUJ, Jul 23, 2005.

1. MCUJ

Jul 23, 2005
    Rami's shed
    now i have your attention...
    i went to a jimi hendrix tribute concert erm, last month / beginning of this month and it was part of the meltdown festival run by (god help us) Patti Smith.

The show was really great and probably the closest ill ever get to seeing hendrix... flea was there among others doing a psychadelic bass and trumpet jam of 3rd stone.

um. there was a bass player (6 string if i recall) came on where squarepusher was billed...

he didnt say who he was but im doubting it was squarepusher - i always thought he was a sort of electronicy musician,

anyway, was wondering (as the setlist they printed was wrong about several things) if anyone else (ie probably someone else that went) could help me identify him.

Because he was anally retentive to the max :spit:
    but i swear to god ive never heard anything like this guy. anytrhing. ever. anywhere. no. full stop.

gah. me and my mate ben were just watching like these fellas

:bag: :eek: :bawl:

i wanna find out if he plays more of that bass and if theres any recordings so if anyone can help i will respect you forever.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'd just like to take this oppertunity that I hate Patti Smith so so so so much, it's unreal how much I hate Patti Smith, and her bastard child PJ Harvey.
  3. The guy with the six string? That was Squarepusher. Pretty good bassist. He doesnt rock the bass for all his stuff though, he mixes it up with all sorts of crazy technology.
  4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Was it a Warwick Corvette 6? That's Squarepusher alright.
  5. MCUJ

Jul 23, 2005
    Rami's shed
    cheers. wow i guess it was him. i was to far away to see it close... its only a (educated) guess that it was 6 string. i mean, i saw some guy before the show hangin out with a 6 string and just thought, oooh. some roadie has a nice bass sorta thing. and yeah your right mr till.... patti smith is a **** tard. she really really came close to ruining that night for me.