1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi fellow bass enthusiasts!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Butts, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Butts

Butts

Feb 8, 2016
    Nashville, Tn
    I've lurked for awhile and found lots of great info and decided it was time to get in on the fun.
    I hope I can be of help to others here but I wanted to seek opinions today of a good replacement for my Eden 210 xlt. I have played through two of them for years and love how they capture the high mid snarl of my Musicman bass. However, they are a bit stout weighing in around 70 lbs each. Ideally I would like a single standalone 4 ohm cab 210 or 410 around 50 lbs. I like 12's also for the lows on my B string but the mids from those eminence 10's are most satisfying to my ears and when I play through my Eden 212 xlt I miss the 10's .
    I never played the markbass 410 but that could be an option. Bergs are a bit pricey for me right now. I'm playing mostly mid sized clubs and I have bigger guns for bigger stages when I have Union stage hands around to huck my gear. I am curious about Baer 12/6 as it might be a nice compromise but one 8 ohm cab might not be enough. Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  2. R Baer

R Baer Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    I played a 210XLT for quite some time and they are really great cabinets. Depends on what it is you really like from the Eden cabs. The 210XLT has more of a thick low mid push than the ML112. The ML112 will be a tighter and more focused low end with more going on in the upper mids around 1k. As far as volume goes, it just depends on how hard you tend to push the Eden. If you tend to push the Eden to it's limits because of the volume you are trying to achieve, or if you prefer the tone of the cab that loud, then a single ML112 might not be enough to keep up. You also need to need to look at how much power your amp puts out at 8ohms as that's what the ML112 is.

godley69 and Butts like this.
  3. Butts

Butts

Feb 8, 2016
    Nashville, Tn
    I like the layout of the Baer as I tend to run a tweet low or off because they sound too harsh generally. I play a lot of country music and rock and blues primarily a finger player though I use picks and slap occasionally. I run my 210xlt pretty hot as a standalone with a 500 watt amp (wtx500 or 550 from the wt550). Sometimes the 210 cab is almost getting buried hence my interest in a 410. Trying to avoid more than one cab for quick set up/breakdown. I bet 2 Baer ML112's stacked would be a sweet set up though.

ExaltBass and godley69 like this.
  4. godley69

godley69 Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Louisiana
    Or an ML212, if you can find one! I run my ML212 with a ML112 on top OR either three or four ML112's at a time. You can't have too much Baer!

ExaltBass likes this.
  5. Butts

Butts

Feb 8, 2016
    Nashville, Tn
    Wow thE Baer 212 would probably be freakin cool though it's at the high end of my weight requirement. I saw an accugroove tri 112 L for sale somewhere that looks similar. Any input on that?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  6. godley69

godley69 Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Louisiana
    Yes, I'm an Accugroove lover too. I've got three Whappo Jrs. that I use sometimes with my Thunderfunk heads. I also have a Tri-112 and a tri-110 that I use together. The tri-112 is definitely awesome. I jump from Accugroove to Baer to a Glasstone and recently I've been trying out the new Genzler BA12-3 cabs. There are a lot of great "Flavors" of cabs out there that are light. Anything beats my old touring 810 SVT x 4 cabs setup! Of course, I can't really compare because the Roadies used to handle that mess! IMHO, You can't do wrong with an Accugroove or a Baer. It looks like you may be able to add the new Genzler BA cab to that list also!!!!

7. Butts

Butts

Feb 8, 2016
    Nashville, Tn
    Thanks for the reply Godley. I never heard of Genzler so I will look into it. The Fearless cabs look great too but I'm not a builder. If only there was a rich bass player near me that had all those cabs layin around. I pretty much have to buy a cab to try a cab. Btw I used to tour with a Sunn 215 with an Ampeg V4-B. Pretty heavy.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016