1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hi from alberta

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by pipelinepete, Jan 1, 2017.

1. pipelinepete

pipelinepete

Jan 1, 2017
    New member here from the frozen north. Have visited the site frequently and found it helpful. I play bass at church. I only picked it up because there were lots of opportunities for bass players (previously I'd only played acoustic guitar). I've only had a couple of lessons in my life, mostly learned at home and from others (in other words, I'm not very good). My main rig is an Ibanex SR 805 - I love 5 string basses! Amp is a Fender Rumble 200 with 4x10 cab, used at home only (at church they plug me direct into the PA via a Tech21 DI box - don't want to offend the old folk!). I don't use any effects. When nobody's home I get my looper going, put the amp up to 10 and rock the whole house - loads of fun (until wife comes home and catches me). I practice scales a lot, trying to memorize what notes are where. Lately I've started collecting 5 string basses, just for fun. So far I've acquired the following (all in near new condition): Jackson something, DeArmond Pilot Deluxe, Fender Jazz (Korean 5 String), and a MM Stingray. Anyway I'm glad to be here! Peter.

irjason likes this.
  2. I found the cure for GAS. Retirement and fixed income. I also play Praise at church, love it.

Welcome.