Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hi guys, I'm back.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cameron, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Wow. It has been a LONG time since I was here on the forums. Something like a couple of years. Damn.:(

Well, lets get all y'all updated on my current conditions. Pretty bad, actually. For those of you who remember, I was engaged to a great girl named Meghaen. Yeah, that, unfortunatley, has ended. With a lot of resentment on both of our parts. Not good at all.

I WAS working at a sporting goods store. I got fired a few weeks ago. I have no job.

I am being sucked back in to the evil empire of guitar center. I think I will be working for them again by next week.:(

On the plus side, however, I am nearly done with my Music Technology Degree, and have started a Criminal Justice degree. Personally, I think that becomeing a cop is what I am destined for. It fits in with everything that I believe in.

Still live at home, still drive my Celica. Have a new Cort Curbow 5 string, which is nice.

So, JT, jazzbo, jrthebassguy, allodox, Dave, you guys still here? Hello? anybody?

::runs and hides::

:D

Rock on
    Eric

2. Whoa, hey X, glad to see some of the old school guys still around.

Anything interesting that I may have missed?

Rock on
    Eric

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

i coulda sworn you checked in a year or so ago for a week or two. :confused:

and allodox has been mia for quite some time. also, dave castelo posts twice a year. :( he's too busy doing doctor-y stuff.

back in the olden days, you, spankbass, and merlin were the trifecta of funny. :cool:

4. Hey, yeah. Where is Spanky?

Rock on
    Eric

5. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Spank last posted 5/11/2005 :confused:

I remember you talking about your interest in Law Enforcement, good luck with that.

Sorry to hear about the g/f, but hey, there is a lot of fish
    in the sea.

Welcome back.

6. Welcome man. Good to see you back.

7. What's up, Eric?

It's good to have you back.

Sorry to hear about your breakup, but better now than after a couple of kids.

Welcome back to Hotel Talkbass, where you can check out anytime you like, but... :D

Mike

8. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
  9. As you can see by my member date, I was not around when you last were, but welcome back.

10. Just to let you know, since you've been gone I have taken over OT. :D

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Greetings and welcome back from a 'newer' school member

12. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Wow, it has been a while. Hope everything comes back into the upswing for you. :)

13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    he checked in about a year ago, as well, but i guess lost interest again quickly. :meh:

14. Wow! I remember you!

Funny that, I've just checked in for the 1st time since May 2005, and then maybe a year or two before that! I guess that's how life is. Other things take priority. It's good to see a few familiar names in this thread.

Sorry about your break up, but I reckon things always work for the best in the end.

Best of luck on the job front
    Barb

15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Welcome back, Eric.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    We successfully eliminated the "I'm leaving" threads, now we are getting more and more "I'm back" threads.

-Mike

17. Maybe we should give Eric a bit of an update on what he has missed:

*Another Eric and his friends got overheated in TPA and it was shut down.

*The blossoming relationship between Mark Latimour and Brad Cook has grown increasingly strange since they started using a device known as a Qintar.

*Oh, how we laugh along with Mike Money! He has shared hilarious stories about his Mom, his truck and his pen, and somehow manages to weave them all together in bizarre and disturbing ways!

More?

18. Welcome back, Eric. I'm sorry to hear about what's happened to you lately, but things will get better soon. It's nice to see the monkey again, too. :smug:

19. But I'm back! You all have to know about it! :crying:

:p