1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hi guys!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Rodize, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Rodize

Rodize

Jan 15, 2012
    USA
    I'm a new member here and I just want to say what's up?!

Here's a little background on me. I used to be our band's vocalist. But then, the band decided that our bassist is a better singer than me so they asked me to learn the bass or I'll be kicked off the band. :(

So I learned the bass, and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made! Looking forward to my stay here!

Rodize

2. Welcome to the low end and to the wonderful community of bassists. Having been playing in my local community for years, I know that us bassists are usually more friendly with one another and usually willing to offer help and advice when asked. Not saying that we're the only ones, by any means, but I am friends with just about all the bass players I have met in my community and I see no reason why it would be horribly different elsewhere. Having said that, you are also getting involved in what will likely be a quest for tone and excellence that may well last for the rest of your life!
    Welcome