1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hip-hop synth bass effect??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jpark369, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Ely

Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    My Moog filter gets awesome sub-bass drop sounds, and with the drive cranked it sounds quite fuzzy, but not exactly the sound you are describing. Either way, Moogerfoogers are amazing once you learn how to use them.

2. Snikpout

Snikpout

Mar 22, 2005
    For a Deep Impact, followed by a compressor (a TC Electronics Vintage in my case, it gives bass and density to the sound), this setting is very nice, from "Note Off Level" to "Level" :
    9 1 1 1 1 1 1 5 4 9

3. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    MXR Bass Blowtorch set pretty fuzzy and a Boss OC-2 set with full octave 1 and a little octave 2 and the direct signal dialed off gets me that tone.

4. i tried the fx25>multidrive>comp to get that sound, and it was quite there.
    it sounded good, but it was almost to bass guitarish, i think i need some type of filter synth to beef it out. i dont know...

anyways, now im gassing for the mogg low pass.

5. Ely

Ely

Jun 8, 2001
    Huntsville, AL
    YES! Buy the Moog! I own 3!

6. r05c03

r05c03

Jul 21, 2005
    Lafayette, IN
    2nd on the Moogerfoogers, try a MF101 with a Mini Pog

7. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Personally I went the synth rout. THe 1201 is way cool studio -but a real bear live. It's way too touchy for my live rig. It is the king of 'glurp' though.

Far as which synth ? many - it's that you have to be patient learning how to make the synth do what you want... the key board itself is pretty easy to sus. You will feel like a dork the first couple of hours, no doubt...

You can also run a keyboard through your pedal chain if it needs say sub-actave for thickening or an OD pedal for additional grind ...