Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HOG!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chips, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Damn, that thing's gorgeous. I would need a whole freaking MIDI controller for that.

2. i dunno, with all those sliders, i agree with petary on that one...it would really need some kind of midi control, and a different interface to be able to be used live...maybe i would say its a must-have studio implement, but live i don't think i'd be able to limit myself to 6 sounds, especially when there are 9 total octave settings other than the original octave...it look like an interesting box, but for 524 dollars...i don't think i want it that much....

it does look like fun though, i just don't know how usable i'd be able to find it live...

3. Skit1

Skit1 Guest

Jul 2, 2004
    England
    Wow...just wow

4. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Man, I like my POG and my biggest complaint is no patches.

I wonder how much the ElectroHarmonix foot controller costs to add patch capability? Idle question, really. I barely use the POG enough to justify it, no way I'd overcome my innate cheapness enough to spring for the HOG.

5. it has its own midi foot controller, which you have to buy seperately. With that you can store 6 or something presets aswell :D

Ive been gassing for this since the pics from NAMM were posted on it.

Its like a POG, microsynth, and all the expression modes aswell. Octave bend, pitch bend, wah, freeze modes and another couple of things i think. Its alot of money, but only a bit more then the pog, and you get so much more. It may take a while, but it will be mine....
    OH YES, IT WILL BE MINE.....

6. we posted at same time craig, but the foot controller is selling for about $160 AUS buy it now price on the bay IIRC

7. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Ah, I found it this time. That's sweet, but the HOG & foot controller would cost almost as much as my rig (I'm a cheap guy). Admittedly it would be about the cost of another nice bass (in my world a nice bass is a US G&L/Reverend/US Fender/etc.). Or 2 POGs.

I was craving it when I first saw the info about it, but the price has damped down the GAS quite a bit. I guess if I started using my POG extensively I might be able to justify it. Maybe I need to start working up some loop-based pieces . . . then I could justify the HOG w/controller, a looper and . . .

Nah, but it's nice to think about.

8. haha.

if it holds the low end, and does everything well, i could see myself purchasing one. but i dont want to buy one off ebay now incase it suck the low. which would majorly suck.

9. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    my God.

I want one

10. It would be awsome if some one could work out a deal with EHX to get one shipped for a day or two to be tested and a review done on it.

11. Coolcow666

Coolcow666 Ribonucleic acid freak out!

Jan 20, 2006
    Washington
    I have been trying to stave off my temptation to buy this pedal. It would be awesome (or detrimental to my wallet) if someone could post a review of it!

12. its very expensive but the price will come down. the POG started off at a simular price range and its dropped drastically now. perchance we'll see some cheaper POGs on ebay now? :)

13. MAGUS®

MAGUS®

Dec 23, 2004
    UK
    Dream on. :)

They're still £250 + GBP

14. aah but the flow of HOGs is still at the stream rather than the torrent stage. im keeping my hopes up! hehe

15. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hmm..!

I just wish EH didn't have such a bad reputaion for dependability!

I was running sound for a band this last Saturday (Mute Era). The guitarist had a POG, and it sounded so great... but he said he's been having trouble with it cutting in-and-out for the last month or so, and that it's getting worse every gig!

Joe