1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holy great deals, Batman!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CharlieDog, Mar 31, 2009.

1. CharlieDog

CharlieDog

May 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/1100188784.html

I've sent the guy an email, and if he replies quick enough, I can go get it in the morning.

I feel sorry for the guy, but (hopefully) this is my lucky day.

I've never played through either this head or a Transporter cab, but for this price, the only way I won't take them is if they're made of candy. (Well, even still...) Anybody have any info on it?

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    "Reply to: sale-7ennt-1100188784@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-31, 12:33AM EDT

I have too many bass rigs and so my Hartke HA-3500 head with two 410 Transporter Cabinets is for sale - all in above average condition with only about 10 gigs on this set.

I am the original owner and need to sell these fast. I lost my job and have to move by the first so I need to sell them now because I have no where to put them and have to move fast.

I am asking for $120.00 for all three pieces or $60.00 each if you buy them seperately. First one to my door with the cash will be the new owner. They have to be gone by 9:00 PM on April 1st so don't wait, email me today.

No severance pay from a job which paid well enough for him to afford "too many bass rigs"? :eyebrow:

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You think it feels a little warm to the touch? Maybe even...HOT????

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.

4. +1 MY 1st thought!!!! Don't wait- Gone By Apr. 1st aint that 2morow- 'tis here anyway!! check up on 'em 1st!! as much as Poss!!

5. DeLucha

DeLucha

Dec 11, 2007
    Mayyyyybe.... it's an April Fool's joke? In which case, I'd take them from him anyway. Teach that bugger a lesson!

6. CharlieDog

CharlieDog

May 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Hrm. For some reason, "stolen" didn't cross my mind. When/if he calls, I'll be sure to ask for the serial numbers. I'll keep this updated, for sure.

7. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    This may be a legitimate sell-off by a guy who let things slide too far, but I'm thinking that rig was snatched from a band's load-out on Saturday night (this nearly happened to me once) and the seller wants to upload the swag quick because it's too big to move without being noticed.

There's no bass amp reported stolen in that area on Screaming (AKA Chris) Stone's web site (the 1st link in my sig), but then most musicians aren't aware of Chris' site which plots the locations (and owner's contact info + reward offers) of stolen gear on a Google map of North America.

8. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    Yeah, ask questions and go with your gut...

9. CharlieDog

CharlieDog

May 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I tried to check that link out, but it won't come up at work. I'll dig into it when I get off. Even still, there's no way to know if it is stolen and simply not reported. Here's to hoping some guy out there isn't rigless at my benefit.

10. MIJ-VI

Jan 12, 2009
    And here's hoping this deal is legit so you don't get stiffed out of your dough and possibly get charged or receive a beat-down from the rig's owner if he's a local lad.

When you drive into Buford, see if there's any bars near where the seller lives, and see if he still has any of his other "too many rigs" etc for sale.

Now that your radar is up, just look him in the eye & ask questions which should get good answers.

I sincerely hope this deal is real and that it works out well for you. :)

It's a nice rig.

11. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Couldn’t he have gotten that much from a pawn shop (if it were legit)?

12. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    You would think.

Usually if it seems to good to be true....

But once in a while an awesome legit deal like this comes along. Lucky I'm not anywhere near there or I would be on my way instead of posting this.

13. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Don't touch that, might burn yourself.

That rig would cost almost ten times that if you bought it new.

Would anyone on here sell any of their stuff for 10% of its value under any circumstances?

I bet somebody misses that rig.

14. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    Fishy Fishy Fish

15. davio

davio

Nov 2, 2006
    Boston, MA
    No severance pay from a job that pays well enough for a gear slut to buy a bunch of Hartke stuff? I can believe that with things the way they are. 1) Hartke stuff isn't exactly high roller equipment so he doesn't have to make that much. 2) I just read in the paper today that the MA Senate is proposing a termination of the pension system for the local public transportation (and that doesn't just mean bus drivers)...so yeah, I can believe it.

The 1st of the month is also the standard "be out or we break your legs" day so I can believe the deadline, too.

I don't think it sounds fishy but, as always with craigslist or any other used marketplace, we wary.

16. maevinj

maevinj

Feb 10, 2008
    ALB!
    Isn't this the hartke stuff they were running a deal on not too long ago. Like buy the head and get a free cab or something like that? Doesn't seem that fishy, but I'd go on my gut feeling once I got there.

17. davio

davio

Nov 2, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Correct. And considering somebody tried selling one of these heads here recently for $220 and didn't even get any lowball offers (eventually went to eBay)...I'd say if he needs to sell it locally before moving in the next few days, this sounds like it could be legit.

18. CharlieDog

CharlieDog

May 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Either way, we'll never know. I sent him an email about 15 minutes after it was posted, but he sent one back saying a guy shot him one in about five, and had already picked it up.

Hopefully some guy just got a really, really good deal. No more, no less.

19. If I only knew where Buford lived... :eek:

20. I wondered if this would pop up here...

I saw it last night as I checked CL before I went to bed. It was the first listing, so it must have just gone up! I am as big of a deal hunter as anyone out there and I refuse to touch this one. It just doesn't add up:

1) Why sell for about 1/2 of what he could get on a fire sale? $250 for a full stack would sell quickly too!
    2) If he has so much gear, why must he get rid of this? What else does he have? Where is he going to keep that stuff?
    3) No pictures? Hmm... If he has a computer with which to check email and make the post then why no camera?
    4) No phone number... not a big deal, but if he wants to move it quick...
    5) Location is listed as "around Buford"... Seems to lack some specificity.

My thoughts are one of the following:
    1) It is stolen.
    2) It is messed up beyond repair.
    3) It is his roommates that is out of town... sell it before he gets back and claim it was stolen.
    4) It is stolen.
    5) It is legit and the guy is REALLY hard up for cash (and a crappy sales person)... if so, I feel bad for the guy and wish him the best.

I felt too iffy about this one to follow up. I would always have a bad karma feeling.

If you do go for it... let us know how it turns out!

Ox.