Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Honeymoon trip

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by nickelseye, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Hey everyone, I'm taking a trip to Virginia for my honeymoon. I'd like to check out some local bands while we're there. We're staying in Williamsburg, but can travel to anywhere in the Hampton Roads area. I'm leaving this Saturday, the 17th. So if anyone is playing the following weekend, 23rd + 24th, let me know. It'd be great to meet some fellow T'bers!

2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Too bad you're not going to be in the Washington DC area. I'll be playing a gig on the 23rd, and possibly the 24th.

3. Hey Jive, pm me the details..never know. She hasn't been to DC, so maybe we can sqeeze it in.

4. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Where are you playing then? I think I have both nights off.
    My wife is probably working so I might get out.

5. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    On the 23rd, I'll be playing at the Inn Zone in Falls Church, off of Lee Highway. It's not the place I'd bring my wife to, especially on a honeymoon unless you're into a more rough and tumble crowd. But Fridays are less rough than Saturday's there.
    On the 24th I'll be at Kilroy's in Springfield. I'm not certain about the status of it. I'll post an update as soon as I get word.

6. jive1

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I will be performing at Kilroys in Springfield on Saturday the 24th. It's right off of the Braddock exit on 495.

7. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    That's cool. I'm down to just Saturday night. We got a gig in Annapolis that came through. We are supporting another band but so far the sound logistics are all wacked out. Well at least my rig can carry the room. :D My wife doesn't work on the 24th so maybe I can drag her down to Springfield.