1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Hot Rodded Mark Hoppus P/J Bass Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BassicJack, Nov 7, 2016.

1. BassicJack

BassicJack Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Northern Calif.
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_1013.JPG IMG_1011.JPG IMG_1013.JPG IMG_1011.JPG For sale only, my 2002 Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Jazz Bass in Daphne Blue. I purchased new and only played a couple of times at home. It probably has less than an hour or two total play time on it. The specs of this bass are unique to begin with and the mods to this one make it even more so. Stock it sports an alder Jazz bass body with Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter Pound Precision bass pickup, a Precision Bass neck and a unique 3 ply pick guard with only a volume control. I added a tone control in stack knob configuration with chrome and black concentric knobs to retain the clean single knob look. I also shielded the control cavity with copper foil. I then purchased a Seymour Duncan SJB-1 Vintage Jazz bridge pickup, disassembled the bass and the project stalled there. Now over a decade later and I no longer play 4 string so I finished up the project and am putting it up for sale. I shot the pictures before restringing in order to get pictures of the beautiful grain pattern on the fretboard and to show the total lack of wear on the frets. Not a scratch on it and it includes original Fender gig bag, Fender strap and the sealed bag of owners info and Allen wrench. Weight for those who always ask is 9 lb 6 oz.

All questions will be answered promptly and to the best of my ability.

Additional Specs:

-Alder Jazz Bass Body
    -Maple Precision Bass Neck, Modern C Shape, (Satin Polyurethane Finish)
    -Rosewood, 9.5 inch Radius (241mm) Fingerboard
    -20 Medium Jumbo Frets
    -1 Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound Split-Coil Precision Bass Pickup
    -Volume And Tone concentric stack knob configuration
    -Pickup Switching: 3 Position Jazz Bridge Only-Both Parallel-Precision Neck Only
    -Standard Series Parts on American Series Bridge Plate (String-thru-body Configuration) - Bridge
    -Standard Machine Heads
    -Chrome Hardware
    -3-Ply Pickguard
    -34 inch (864 mm) Scale Length
    -1.625 inch (41.3 mm) Width at Nut

PayPal accepted. Must ship to your confirmed PayPal address. Buyer pays actual shipping cost from 96080 zip code.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Beautiful bass!

3. If I was in the US of A (With your wonderful new President hehe) I would have had that little puppy!!! Gorgeous!

4. BassicJack

Nov 9, 2009
    Northern Calif.
    My first decent guitar back in the 60's was a Fender Mustang that color with a maple fret board. That has always been one of my favorite color combinations. A neck swap was in my plans when I started the project. Thanks for looking.

Mike North likes this.
  5. BirdThunder

BirdThunder

Dec 9, 2013
    New York
    I'm interested on this one! Still available?

6. BassicJack

Nov 9, 2009
    Northern Calif.
    Still available. I'll mark it sold as soon as it's gone.

7. jharms80439

jharms80439 Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    Evergreen, CO
    PM'd.

John

8. BassicJack

Nov 9, 2009
    Northern Calif.
    Sold and heading east.