Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Houston, we have a problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Apr 8, 2005.

1. That's right folks, I am now an employee at Space Center Houston, aka the tourist part of the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center.

Haha. I'm not an official employee of NASA or anything, but I'm pretending like I am, cause thats cool.

My first real job too. I'm excited.

www.spacecenter.org

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    what do you do there? watering the plants or something like that?

3. Most likely a tour guide. That, or working "attractions" (like the IMAX theatre, etc)

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Congrats man! I've been there once. My sister-in-law's husband's family have all worked there at some point and his dad does something there. If you know anyone with the last name Angermiller that works there then they're related to him.

brad cook

5. Sounds like a pleasant man.

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

All the best with your new adventure and dont forget to " Go where no man has gone before" :D

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    I live about 5 miles south of there. Cool place, my 3-year-old daughter loves it! She wants to be a pilot when she grows up. Been saying that for two years now! Gotta love it!

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    So, when do they blast you into space?

Congrats Mike, sounds like a cool job.

9. That's so cool. Congrats man.

10. About 2.6 seconds after he compares his gross wages to his net after taxes. ;)

11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA

That's very VERY cool. I firmly believe that the salvation of this next few generations of mankind lies in space travel. At the risk of being slightly political, I'd suggest spending less money on domestic wars and more money on space exploration. Heck, for the price of two or three of those cruise missiles you could get a fine (radio-) telescope. :D

12. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Hey congrats! My wife and I have been there a few times (and my parents took me and my brothers to the Johnson Space Center a few times before they built Space Center Houston.)