1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How do I fix batter connectors?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ric1312, Apr 19, 2006.

1. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    My two month old bongo bass battery connections went bad, I took it to my local guy to fix it. It worked fine for a day, then when I started to get into a song and jump around a bit, it went out again.

anyone know if this is a usual thing with these basses and how to fix it?

P.S. on the bongo it's a slot deal where you just pop them in, not the caps where you peel the batteries on and off.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Sorry no one has replied yet. I haven't seen the type of connector, but it seems to me that you should check to see if the battery is a bit loose in the compartment. When you jump around it could move and break the connection. You may want to wrap it with some thin foam for a tighter fit.

If that's not the case then check to see if the connectors in the grooves are broken. A good tech should be able to fix that.

3. Is it possible to just bend the metal contacts in the battery holder a bit to put more pressure on the battery contacts?

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What kind of batteries are you using? Some 9V's are slightly smaller than others and don't work well in EBMM battery compartments.