1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How do I get the Chris#2's(Anti-flag) tone?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by joeyang761020, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Hi,
    I've been struggling find the right sound for my band lately. Maybe it's my washburn that's sucking. So yeah, I was really impress by Chris#2's(anti-flag)tone, and of course his bassline after I listen some of their recording. Somehow, his tone manage to cut through the guitar really well, even with a lot of high freq. I don't if it's the gutiar that made the bass sounds good? I am just kind of confused. What would be the most element to made them sounds balance as a band?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

2. Classical_Thump

Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    He uses a pick which has a big part, and also he probably used big Ampeg amps which are known for their cutting tone. The bass player is mediocre, he uses a pick and is sometimes simple in playing. I might actually consider him decent if this band's political agenda wasn't so absurd.

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    To me, his sound is all about the high mids. Try boosting those and playing with a pick. As always, YMMV.

Anyone else?

4. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Boost the bass and the highs and cut the mids. Also use a pick and think about a Fender Jazz bass.

5. chrisw

chrisw

Nov 28, 2004
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Boost the high mids, use a pick. I think he used a music man on Underground Network, now he uses a fender jazz. I'm not sure what amps he uses, I know he had am Ampeg cab when I saw them live, but i could never get a good look at the head. But, you would probably be safe going with an Ampeg or Gallien Krueger. I prefer Gallien Krueger. And, always make sure your strings are brand new. I just switched to DR High Beams and they work great.