How do I get the Chris#2's(Anti-flag) tone?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by joeyang761020, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Hi,
    I've been struggling find the right sound for my band lately. Maybe it's my washburn that's sucking. So yeah, I was really impress by Chris#2's(anti-flag)tone, and of course his bassline after I listen some of their recording. Somehow, his tone manage to cut through the guitar really well, even with a lot of high freq. I don't if it's the gutiar that made the bass sounds good? I am just kind of confused. What would be the most element to made them sounds balance as a band?

Thanks in advance,

2. Classical_Thump

Jan 26, 2005
    He uses a pick which has a big part, and also he probably used big Ampeg amps which are known for their cutting tone. The bass player is mediocre, he uses a pick and is sometimes simple in playing. I might actually consider him decent if this band's political agenda wasn't so absurd.
  3. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    To me, his sound is all about the high mids. Try boosting those and playing with a pick. As always, YMMV.

Anyone else?
  4. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Boost the bass and the highs and cut the mids. Also use a pick and think about a Fender Jazz bass.
  5. chrisw

Nov 28, 2004
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Boost the high mids, use a pick. I think he used a music man on Underground Network, now he uses a fender jazz. I'm not sure what amps he uses, I know he had am Ampeg cab when I saw them live, but i could never get a good look at the head. But, you would probably be safe going with an Ampeg or Gallien Krueger. I prefer Gallien Krueger. And, always make sure your strings are brand new. I just switched to DR High Beams and they work great.