Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How do you play this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, May 23, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So I was on my favorite bands web site www.breakingpointmusic.com and i was at the gear and it lead me to this sitehttp://www.benaventeguitars.com so i was looking at all super cool bass' and guitars and I few bass' people have on here.

Anywho

How do you play this [​IMG]
    Greg Edmondson's Blue Flamed 8 string 51.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I was reading the boards before I put my glasses on, and I saw this thread.. At first, I read "how do you play bass"... I was confused :p.

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Yea, that’s Greg's newest addition to his collection with a New SC 5 on order.

He has a couple of custom design Benavente's he plays and then the 51 8 string which you posted.

You play the 8 string like a normal 4 string only you have octave's above the standard string's to give a more pronounced edgier string tone. Similar to an octave divider.

Breaking Point is located in Memphis, Tn. and actually starting to record their second album for Windup. Its due to be released first quarter of next year. Their Demo‘s for the new CD are amazing and those that don‘t know Breaking Point will after this record it into Hard Rock music! A few songs may crossover so other’s might be familiar soon as well.

If you would like to shoot me an e-mail I’ll be happy to put you in contact with Greg.

4. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Ok I will shoot you an email to put me in to contact with Greg Edmondson of beaking point, Aka the guy who first got me into playing bass.

5. I'm pretty sure you'd have to use your fingers.

:smug:

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001

I sent Greg an e-mail with this thread in the link. I know he's not a member, but he might join and respond or either contact you directly.

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Kick Ass! Hey, maybe Paul could invite Greg to be a Talk Bass Pro... He was asking for suggestions the other week.

I dig Greg's sig model Benavente too

8. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

You rule!!!

9. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    He's actually a very talented player, with a lot of technique. His influence range from Les Claypool to Victor Wooten to Geddy Lee.

10. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    Yeah I started to play because of him. I can't really play any of his stuff because he has like 8 and 6 string bass' but I try.

11. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    He actually plays 5 string, but they tune down. The New Album will have the 8 string on it quite a bit as well as the 5 string Benavente's. His Single Cut probably won't be ready in time for any of the new Album put you will probably see him on tour with it.

Greg's a nice guy and easy to talk to so I'm sure he will contact you shortly.

[​IMG]