How do you set up your NS Design EUB Stand?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by wneff, Jun 14, 2005.

1. wneff

wneff Supporting Member

May 27, 2003
    Woburn, MA

I used to play upright in high school (in 1989) and now I am getting back into upright with an NS Design EUB.

How do you set it up so it resembles the position of an acoustic bass?

The best I come up with is:

- Bass relatively straight, about 10-15 degree from vertical
    - The body is rotated to the right
    - my left foot is touching the left side of the rear bar of the tripod where the indent is.

How is your set up?

2. kewleb

May 18, 2005
    Liverpool, England

It sounds like mine is set up pretty similarly to yours. The good thing with this stand is that you can pretty much set up the bass in any position you want. It's all a question of what feels right.
    One thing to be careful of with the stand is making sure you mount the bass on the stand very carefully. About a year ago, I nearly crossed the thread on the bolt which screws into the bass. This was basically because I was rushing to set up the bass before a gig. Thankfully, I hadn't done too much damage to the thread and it functions perfectly now.

I've always wondered if any other NS players have ever done the same thing??
  3. wneff

wneff Supporting Member

May 27, 2003
    Woburn, MA
    Thanks for the warning!

I'll pay attention not to do that.

BTW, I changed my setup a little, now I have my left foot on the rear foot of the tripod.