1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How much did your wedding cost?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    My daughter and wife are always watching bride shows on tv (I guess I am too, sorta.) I can't believe what people spend on that stuff, especially when they are going to be divorced anyway. I have been married for about 23 years. I think we spent a total of 1500 bucks!

BTW, I dislike violence against women, but some of the women on "Bridzillas" make me think it's ok is certain situations!

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    5k. That included airfare, reception, and condo for 2 weeks on the big island of Hawaii.

3. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    iirc, it was around 8 grand. I put in almost half myself. Those people who put on the big productions in excess of 50-100 grand are missing the point and wasting alot of freaking money.

that's rings, tux, dress, church and donation, license, flowers, favors and invites, restaurant dinner for 130 people, after party, and hotel for 4 days in Manhattan.

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I told my daughter that when that time comes we ain't spending that kind of money. If we did have $25,000 to blow on a wedding we would make a down payment on a house (with the house being in her name only) instead.

5. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    We spent under a $500 on the ceremony and over $2000 on the reception (party). That was a fun reception (party).

6. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Twenty years ago, about six grand.
    Included dress design and production, flowers, lunch reception for 100 with wine & champagne, and after party/barbeque with open bar for 300. A very good deal.

7. 8-3-8, 5k, including the wedding, the reception (which we fed roughly 100 people BBQ, and had huge tents and fans, because we were in outside in August). A lot of the cost came from the tents and fans (roughly $1500)

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Not much. We did a lot of things to keep it modest.

bc

9. My girlfriend and I have talked about it and we don't want to spend anymore than $5,000. I don't get the people that drop thousands on a wedding and start out their lives together with a massive debt from one day. Spend that money on a house. Too many people focus on the wedding day and they forget that they should be focusing on the marriage.

lowsound

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Maybe a couple hundred bucks (plus airfare). The wife and I flew to Vegas on our own and got married in the Graceland Chapel. Absolutely the best, most laid back, intimate and awesome wedding I have ever been to. No reception, no stress, no bull*** just her and I, in Vegas. Best thing I ever did.

11. My idea is to elope and my girlfriend likes the idea, but her mom would freak out. I just don't get the big deal behind spending money for your friends to eat. Heck, I am the one getting married, shouldn't you be paying for me to eat?

lowsound

12. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    About 18K. Our thoughts were - good food, open bar for 5 hours, good music, the rest is gravy. It was flawless and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Upping that to 50K would have been very easy, but useless.

The wedding and the honeymoon (costa rica) were amazing.

cnjsittingonstage.jpg

overtheline.jpg

13. I married myself in the bathroom for free. Unfortunately, there aren't any records of it.

14. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA
    Oops...it's in writing now. Fully DOCUMENTED!

15. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    eesh. I can only imagine the vows... but geez, no records? Honeymoon's over already, huh?

16. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    My wife and I got married 9 years ago this April. We got married at the Drive Thru Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our wedding was $40.00. It was funny because our marriage license actually cost more than our wedding did. My Mom is also a big time gambler in Vegas and gets a lot of things comped. As a result, she got us one of the honeymoon suites at the Belagio for the weekend for free with everything comped. So with gas from San Diego and back, our wedding and marriage license, we spent well under $200.00.

17. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    Nothing, really, except for a small fee at the local register office. My dad picked up the tab for a meal at a Thai restaurant afterwards. Only parents and siblings attended.

18. The question should be: How much did/will your divorce cost?

19. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    My wedding cost exponentially more than my divorce.

20. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I don't really recall the total for the wedding. The pastor that married us is a personal friend, so I think the marrying part was pretty inexpensive.

I picked up the bar tab and that was about $800.00 for liquor and beer.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020