How much for a Status series 2 second hand bass roughly?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gazrack, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Hi guys! I wonder if anyone here can offer some advice on this. I've got the opportunity to purchase a couple of Status basses and was wondering roughly what sort of price they usually fetch? Any advice would be greatly received! Please check out the photos for condition etc.

Attached Files:

2. Knowing a little about this I'd say the 4 string could be around an 1985 and should go for over a $1000. The newer 5 string (S2?) should be somewhere around $3000. Not many in the states, these might be more common in Spain. The price can swing wildly as it's a small market. My guesses are rough, these people will know statii.com: For all things Status-Graphite - Discussion Forum: Basses FOR SALE

If you go for the 5 notice how close the strings are to the edge of the fretboard compared to the 4. It's too close for my comfort. I also haven't seen those tuners, they may not be stock.

gazrack likes this.
  3. NeilGB

NeilGB Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay Area - East Bay
    I largely agree with trustrod. They aren’t easy to price as there are a limited number of customers.

Statii.com is your best bet.

I have bought and sold many Status basses and currently own 3 S3’s and an Empathy.

Cheers
    Neil

gazrack likes this.
  4. Thanks so much for your reply! That's a big help! I'll check out the statii website for sure. I haven't played the basses yet so will be interesting to see how they feel, being used to a G&L Asat bass. Best wishes!

5. Thanks Neil! Really appreciate your reply! I'll check the statii website and see where that takes me! Best wishes!