1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how much is a geddy lee bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zacharyk88, Sep 27, 2009.

1. like a new one, also where is a good place to buy one near tampa FL?

2. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    I think they are like 1200$ now its a shame. Grab one used up here , post a wanted thread they can be had at 700$ and under here.

3. Bochafish

Bochafish

Jul 26, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Do not pay full price for a new geddy. I think they were $699 when they came out, and they have raised the price because of the demand. Definitely buy used for around $600 or less. I sold my Geddy around 1 year ago for $400. It's a buyers market out there with the economy, take advantage.

4. hmmm. is there a way to see if a used one is broken or messed up?

5. yea.......play it! check for cracks, ask for pictures, examine it with all your knowledge, plug that bad boy in, and let her rip, if there is no sound, its broken, if there are scratchy pots (i.e. turn all control knobs, and if you here a crackle) then they need to be replaced, make sure you use all the knobs, turn them all to see if the sound is changed, and/or the volume is lowered/raised!

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    They go for $600-700 on here all the time. If you spend $1200 on it, you've acted foolishly.

7. are there alot of people here near tampa?

8. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    There is no Guitar Center in Tampa? If all else fails,drive over to Bass Central.

9. CayceG

CayceG

Feb 14, 2009
    Cookeville, TN
    Too much.

10. FenderAmpeg

FenderAmpeg

Feb 21, 2009
    So Cal
    How much is the SX version?

Ok, sorry, that was my only chance to be first in line to drop that one.

Follow the advice above, carry on.

11. Go on craigslist.

12. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Buy one used. I just put a price on mine of $550 shipped before I traded it.

13. They are up to around $1200 new. A couple years ago when I came close to buying one they were $799. So they have gone up a lot in a short time. If I were you I would go used. They can be found in the $600 to $700 range if you keep an eye out.

14. I haven't seen any information on where the Geddy's are made to warrant a $1200 price tag. Seems rather hefty if it's a mexican Jbass with a BA Bridge and the Geddy Lee name stamped on it. :confused: I never understood what was different about it other than that.

15. They are made in Japan. It is a replica of Geddy's favorite Jazz. Has the bound and blocked neck, USA pickups, BA bridge, etc. So there is more to it then a Mexican Jazz. That being said I still think $1200 is a bit much for one!

16. I bought one about 5 years ago brand new at GC for $569 and they threw in new strings and a cable.... great bass but I can't understand why they've gone up so much.