How to load drumkit from hell in Cubase?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by him666, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Ive a manual for how to load drumkit from hell in Cubase. But the manual stops at point 3. Could someone explain me what to do further?
    Please help :bawl:
    Thanks in advance :)
  2. BulkHead

Oct 14, 2005
    Manassas VA
    I have DFH Superior and Cubase, but the manual is at my gtr players house, what is step 3? Would be glad to help if I knew where you were hung up at...
  3. Well you can download the manual i have here:

But a few steps:
    You have now loaded the entire drumkit

Whenever the letter c is in front of an instruments name, it stands for "close miced".
    Whenever the letter r is in front of an instruments name , it stands for "room/ambient miced"

Rename channel "Midi 1" to "cDFH" and channel "Midi 2" to "rDFH":
    Make these two tracks into drumtracks by clicking the notation symbol to the left: 2.
    and then it says step 3, but there is nothing under it...

I would be glad if you could help me out here..
  4. BulkHead

Oct 14, 2005
    Manassas VA
    I looked at your manual and it seems to be pretty outdated (2002). Go to the DFH website and check out the tutorial:
    And then check out the cubase users guide under the midi section. Hope that helps.
  5. thanks a lot, ill give it a shot
  6. where can i find that cubase users guide? In the Flash tutorial?

Or on the website?
  7. BulkHead

Oct 14, 2005
    Manassas VA
    The "Operation Manual" is in your Steinberg folder, under documentation. Read the "audio effects and VSTi" the part about the included LM7 drum module, that helps alot just starting with the LM7 and then using better samples once you get the hang of it.

I use the LM7 for quick ideas and getting the drum parts down, then I change the VST instrument to DFH when I am done with programming drums.
    Good luck, and read as much as you can.