Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

how unfair

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by heath_the_great, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Id just like to have a bitch about the talkbass ibanez doug wimbish giveaway you got going on right now...how come we see all these competitions and they're always "availiable to us residents only"...geez, be fair, we cant even order stuff from musicians friend or music123 or samash down here............Mumblegreedybastardsmumble

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Generally it is because the competition would not (for example) have approval to be run in Australia. There is no way that the person running the competition could ensure that it complied with all the laws of every country in the world regarding competitions.

Just looking at the competition on TB, I can see a number of Australian laws that it would be in breach of if it were open to Australian residents.

So, if Paul wanted to make the competion open to Aussie residents, he owuld probably ahve to pay $$$ to get a lawyer to review it to ensure it was legal. Multiply that by every country to ensure compliance and you have a lot of $$$$$ for a giveaway worth a few hundred. Don't make a lot of sense does it?

3. Heath, sell your kubicki to finance moving to America

Problem solved. :D

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    He wouldn't get much for it, no one is into used 80's junk anymore :eek:

:bag:

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey guys, is there like a giant music store or online company in Australia comparable to samash or something like that. I need a really cheap small amp, or dunno realy anything and i cant find anything on your darn continent. Im only here for another 4 monthes so it doesnt need to be ultra nice, just make sound. Any other music stores you have we dont in the US?

6. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    There is really nothing comparable online. I would suggest you go and get a cheap beringher amp from Venue Music in the CBD. You probably wont find anything cheaper than that (even second hand).

Otherwise checkout www.tradingpost.com.au and look for a second hand item.

7. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    THanks much Mark

8. yeah i know its worth alot of money and all :D , more than what i paid for it anyway :D

you bastard, i hunt you down and knee cap you, if no-ones after 80's junk then how come people are after headless warwicks and steinbergers :spit: ....im a smartass aint i :D

but i had no idea about those laws n **** like that..so unfair :crying: plus i havent seen a wimbish with the p/j pups before, ive only seen the transparent orange with 2 emg humbuckers

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Guys it's an Ibanez. A New one. Not a good old one with the EMG pickups (like mine), but a new one with a fancy signature inked on to it and garbage everywhere else. Heath your Kubicki craps all over it, but I'm getting the impressions you either don't realise that yet, or you don't like it as much as you used to.

10. now THATS the **** i wanna hear :smug:

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT IN FRONT OF MY WOMAN :p ...nah man, i got a few complaints in pm to calm it down on kubicki otherwise some bad things might happen :confused: ..but i just got back from band practise and my guitarist is gonna sell me a quaddie that was custom made in melbourne with some australian made speakers (ill get the names later)..also i might be going to the USA at the end of the year with him and another drummer for a jazz/funk improv band, he says i just gotta get more jaco into my style :D