1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Hughes and Kettner stack (410/115/preamp/amp) - PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by FerK, Apr 21, 2018.

1. FerK

FerK

Dec 11, 2011
    Switzerland
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    EUR
    My Location:
    Switzerland
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    I'm selling off excess gear (I REALLY need the space), and my Hughes & Kettner Stack doesn't deserve to gather dust. It's a beautiful combination of 2 cabs (a 410 and a 115 4 Ohms), which you can drive with the Peavey power amp which is 2x250W. The jewel of this kit is the tube preamp, a Hughes & Kettner Fortress. Both units in a rackcase. Specs as follow:

Pre-amp:

Six-Band EQ:
    • Contra - Centered at 50 Hz, 24dB/octave slope
    • Bass - 120 Hz
    • Voice - Low mids at 220 Hz
    • Mid - 550 Hz, switchable
    • Bite - 2 Khz
    • Edge - 6 Khz

Bass Boost - 7dB at 100 Hz
    Treble Boost - 9 Khz

Tube On - Activates valves
    Tube Direct - Bypasses all transistor circuitry, tone controls, and effects loops, runs signal straight through the tubes
    Tube Gain - Input of signal reaching tubes
    Tube Volume - Amount of tube driven signal mixed with original signal

Compressor Attack - Controls how quickly compressor kicks in
    Compressor Intensity - Decay, controls sustain and fatness

Headphone Out
    Crossover Capable Output - Crossover ranges from 90 to 1100 Hz
    1/4" Line Out
    XLR Balanced Line Out
    Loop Send and Return - Can be set to Pre or Post EQ as well as Line or Intrument level
    Parallel Effects Loop
    Serial Effects Loop - With Gain control

Power amp:
    • Freq. response +0, -1.5dB 10Hz to 20 kHz @ 1W RMS into 4 Ohm
    • Rated Power output: 250W RMS per channel into 4 Ohms with less than 0.3% total harmonic distortion
    • Total Harmonic distortion: less than 0.15% @ 250W RMS per channel into 4 Ohms
    • Transient intermodulation distortion: none (0% TIM)
    • Inout Sensitivity: 1.0V RMS for 200W into 4 Ohms
    • Load Protection circuit
    • Power consumption: 600W
    • Weight: 5.4kg
    Both cabs are ported, with a removable cloth grill that is in excellent shape. The letters are very slightly unglued, which I noticed only today taking the pictures. Nothing that regular cloth glue cannot fix. In excellent shape is also the rat fur that coats the boxes.

This stack can be pretty loud, but the thing that makes it a great gig kit is that the boxes, although rather large, are super light. When stacked on top of each other you achieve excellent dispersion that can fill a mid-sized venue with no PA.

Before I bought the cabs, one of the 10" speakers was replaced. You can only tell, of course, if you remove the grill and inspect it. Doesn't affect the sound in any perceivable way.

The rig can be tested in eastern Switzerland. I can ship anywhere, although it would be pretty impractical, given the size and weight of the whole thing. But I can drive some 100/150 km in any direction to meet halfway.

I'll look at any trades for a 5-string, with some cash in either direction.

Like a wise TBer says frequently, "thank you for your indulgence". :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021