1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Human Beansauce bass and drum duo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Axonic Rot, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Axonic Rot

Axonic Rot

Mar 16, 2010
    I would like to share with you a little known bassist that I think is doing something very unique. Jim Hildebrandt plays experimental music on six string bass. Most of his songs feature really heavy distortion that is pretty unique. I love Jim's music a lot. Info about the gear is below.

Evasion Undone:

I engineered, mixed, mastered and created the tones in the clips so if you want to know any other details about them shoot away. All of these songs were recorded with a line6 podx3. I used the podx3 for them because of it's unique character and clarity for this application. Evasion undone and silent first contain the best tone that I created which uses two models at once, the big bottom model for distortion and sub dub for a compressed clean bass heavy tone under the distortion. Recapture is just the distortion model on its own, which is no where near as smooth and pleasant but it still sounds good. All of these recordings are preproduction demos to hear the songs, drum rehearsal and practice and for promotion.

Jim uses a heavily modified Douglas bass from Rondo music. The pickups are stock. He extended the horn for balance and reshaped the headstock for aesthetic reasons.

Cheers, hope some people dig it.
    -AR

2. Cool stuff. Very djenty

3. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    I like the disortion! This guy really reminds me of cross between Meshuggah and Blotted Science.

4. Sounds wicked man - I love this kind of distortion really biting and edgy but with some big bass frequencies in there too - good job on the sound and vision.

Mike

5. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    so... all of the distortion was made with the podx3?

6. Axonic Rot

Axonic Rot

Mar 16, 2010
    Yes. I the podx3 for all of the recordings. It is very difficult dialing in distortion tones, but once you've got it it's extremely clear.

7. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Original for sure, but not my cup of tea.
    Nice sound but don`t like the music.