1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hutchins Memphis Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by liarhydrant, Oct 21, 2013.

1. liarhydrant

liarhydrant

Jan 3, 2013
    london
    I picked up one of these second hand from the excellent Wunjo's Bass shop on Denmark Street in London.

What swayed me to buy it was that it came with a bespoke, tweed-effect hard case that my Dean Cabbie Stylist can actually fit in as well. I've been fruitless in my quest for a case for that beast. To be honest, from across the shop, I thought the Hutchins was the sea foam Stylist bass.

I'd never heard of Hutchins before, but gather they are a company from Eastbourne who have their guitars manufactured in small runs from China. That's all Google could tell me.

Does anyone know anything more about this bass, when it was produced, numbers made, quality of pickups?

Any info is gratefully received.

2. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    For some reason I like the name. Never heard of them before. They have a website and while they do not appear to make basses right now if you look in their archive section you will see a few, including the Memphis bass copy.