1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i am the Newbie

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by soundwavelove, Jan 14, 2006.

1. soundwavelove

soundwavelove

Oct 8, 2005
    Austin
    Hey everyone. I'm a guitarist and electric bass player. I've been considering getting an upright because not only do i love the sound, but have been having shoulder problems (due to surgery) keeping an electric bass strapped on.

Since a regular upright isn't very practical for someone like me, i'm looking into EUB's. I also don't have much money, but if a exceptional deal came along I might be able to pull together $1000.

I've been reading about the palantino's, and the goldtone club bass, neither seems that great with the mods they apparently need. I want to spend my time learning how to play, not modding my instrument. If anyone has any other suggestions, or is selling a UEB themselves and wants to pass on a good deal to someone who is very interested and determined to become a great bass player let me know.

This looks pretty interesting http://cgi.ebay.com/Herrnsdorf-Upri...ryZ16222QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd consider buying something like that if it stayed under 1000 (doubtful)

anyway, whatever suggestions you got for me would be helpful.

2. Hi,

I have a Palatino and have so far only spent on upgrades: New strings $104.00 Had a pre amp K&K $72.00. I am very happy with this bass. In fact I will be giging it tonight. There has been a lot of negitive things said but I have not found a lot of it to be true. It has a lot going for it and especially for the price.