i am the Newbie

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by soundwavelove, Jan 14, 2006.

1. soundwavelove

Oct 8, 2005
    Hey everyone. I'm a guitarist and electric bass player. I've been considering getting an upright because not only do i love the sound, but have been having shoulder problems (due to surgery) keeping an electric bass strapped on.

Since a regular upright isn't very practical for someone like me, i'm looking into EUB's. I also don't have much money, but if a exceptional deal came along I might be able to pull together $1000.

I've been reading about the palantino's, and the goldtone club bass, neither seems that great with the mods they apparently need. I want to spend my time learning how to play, not modding my instrument. If anyone has any other suggestions, or is selling a UEB themselves and wants to pass on a good deal to someone who is very interested and determined to become a great bass player let me know.

This looks pretty interesting http://cgi.ebay.com/Herrnsdorf-Upri...ryZ16222QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd consider buying something like that if it stayed under 1000 (doubtful)

anyway, whatever suggestions you got for me would be helpful.
  2. Hi,

I have a Palatino and have so far only spent on upgrades: New strings $104.00 Had a pre amp K&K $72.00. I am very happy with this bass. In fact I will be giging it tonight. There has been a lot of negitive things said but I have not found a lot of it to be true. It has a lot going for it and especially for the price.