I Dont Know What To Do....

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by servetakid, Sep 10, 2010.

1. servetakid

servetakid Inactive

Dec 30, 2008
    hi,

Ok, in my band at the mo there are "3" members, me, the guitarist and the drummer. The problem is that we have a second guitarist, which has made no effort to help or forward himself he can barley play for a start, not only that since leaving school he has made very little effort to stay in touch with any of the band:mad:. He now all of a sudden wants to play an active part in the band. (to top it off i do not really get on with in all to well :rollno:). However the over band members seem all of a sudden to want him back, but not long before that didnt want him in...

We had a lead singer who didnt learn his words and was very nervous, so we kicked him, now the rest of the band want him back. I really get along with him as a freind but hated him as a band member. The drummer wants him back as the former singer can play the drums, so he can play the piano instead of drums.

The band was running reasonabley smooth, we were getting a few of our own songs wrote and i was really enjoying it. What would you guys do? :help: I dont really want to fall out with people.

2. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    Being in a band can be either the best or worst experience of your life, and it sounds like this is rapidly becoming the worst for you. Take it from me, if it bugs you now, it's going to drive you nuts in about 6 months. Before it gets to the point when the band goes from being friends to guys you just want to punch, you need to leave while you are still on good terms with them. It happens all the time!

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Find a new band.

4. I think you need a new band. From what you have told us, the other guys in this "Band" (using that term lightly here) Are not even sure who will be playing what instruments yet....

Yet you're talking about songs you've written...... Seems to me the problem is that the rest of the guys are doing it for fun and your looking at it far more serious than them.

Go find some like minded guys to play with and keep your school friends as just that.... friends.

-eSmith.

5. servetakid

servetakid Inactive

Dec 30, 2008
    where would you go to find a new band? lol

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021