Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I dont like my epifani 3-10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I played it last night and it is just not my sound? I really did not like its character and I guess lack of focus. I am selling if any of you are interested. It is pretty much brand new and has a padded Tuki cover. Asking $750 plus shipping cost.

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    If you wish to sell it, I think you'll have more chances HERE ...

;)

3. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    Sell it on ebay.

4. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    also try bassgear.com

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The moral of the story is that, no matter how good it is, no piece of gear will please everyone... there is no such thing as a universal "best".

That said: how long have you had your Epi? Before making a hasty decision, I'd suggest giving your ears time to adjust. Maybe you'll get used to it, and find your sound?

6. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I'd suggest two things, Josh.

A.) Get it off of the floor.

B.) roll off the low end a bit.

One or both should give you more definition.

7. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    Doh!

Sorry, Bro.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Flatbass,

IMHO, if the Epifani's didnt give you enough definition, then the Epi must be broken. they're by far, THE clearest cabs i've ever tried.

with that said, what did you not like about them? maybe a proper tweak of your sound will bring you to tonal peace.

when you say "lack of focus", what cabs have you played that have "more" focus? it'd be more helpful to hear where you're coming from.

9. ????????????????????

I'm scratching my head on this one too.
    Must be an EQ issue.
    Mine is super clear to the point where I could see how some would consider it too clean.
    Don't give up on it yet, or sell it to me cheap.

10. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Sorry bass brothers, I have found tonal bliss. This thing absolutely pumps! The problem was using my SWR SM-900 on it which did not sound good at all to my ears. I am now using my Eden WT-400 which sounds killer on it. Thanks though fellas.:bassist:

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    lol!

i love happy endings. :D

but i've heard Matt Garrison use a SM900 with his Epi's, and he seems happy enough. *shrug*

12. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Flat, you've just about got what I have. I run my Eden WT-400 through the Epifani 410, and I love it. If you've got any kickin' EQ settings, pass 'em on, and I'll be happy to do the same! :bassist:

13. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Hollow man,

I know this sounds crazy because of my name but I really just run the eden flat almost unless I feel the room needs a little more low end then I will turn up the bass about 1:00. But I run the Left volume about 3:00 and then the Enhance out so the compression is going and then the right volume usually around 8:00 to 9:00:D