1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

I Hate Shopping for Used Gear

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 5544, May 10, 2017.

1. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    I swear when people put photos up of their pristine gear, they must have taken the pictures right after removing the tags once they got home.

I've lost track of how many "like new, excellent condition, hardly used and kept in house only" items I checked out in person to see quality that a pawn shop would refuse. Also the prices are way out of control to the point I might as well spend the extra 10% to 15% and buy new.

At least then I won't hear their sob stories about how they need the money due to a divorce, lost job, what ever else they can throw at you while their significant other unpacks the latest flat screen tv to hook up the latest game console.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Purchase here on TB. Basically all of those problems are non existent.
    Don't like the provided pics? Ask for more. Don't like those? Move on...

3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Once I drove 90 miles to look at a BC Rich Warlock. Well, stupid me didn't look for the logo & it wasn't in the photo.
    It turned out to have Metalgood printed on the headstock. I bought it anyway, for half of what the guy was asking & I liked it so much I later bought a real Warbeast with an original Floyd Rose.

Sometimes the sellers are just plain stupid and/or lazy.
    I was interested in a Peavey Millennium & the seller admitted the batteries in it were depleted.

Offering to bring my own batteries & a screwdriver gained no further responses.
    If a person is too broke &/or dumb to put batteries in a bass, well then they should be selling it.
    good luck finding a buyer though if unwilling to let them put new batteries in it

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  4. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    That would work if I lived in the US and the new SCAMS... I mean CITES laws that went into effect Jan 2017 wouldn't care about how many rosewood necks I bought and sold as long as it stayed in the country. Unfortunately, I am not even able to purchase a single instrument with rosewood from a dealer in Japan because they don't have the proper paperwork at this moment.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021