1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I know I'm not the only one (GAS)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WRXbase, Mar 27, 2009.

1. WRXbase

WRXbase

Jan 14, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    I know a good amount of us have a few basses (to say the least) and some have LOTS of a certain line/model/manufacture, but does anyone else want lots of different stuff ... JUST to have them?

2. Gothic

Gothic

Apr 13, 2008
    Greece
    If I could have every bass ever made, in every colour it came in, I'd probably still want more. Maybe go for projects or something. GAS is painful, especially if you don't get enough dough for half of it, but still, EVERY bass I get gets its playtime. I'd NEVER consider buying something just to have it around, and play it a couple of times. Otherwise it's just plain silly.

3. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    I consider myself picky, but I've found being open minded and willing to try things, keeps me going...

4. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    yeah--I admit I am a bass gear "ho" ( :( )and if my pocketbook allowed I'd be totally inundated with gear just frickin' cuz I LOVE BASS GEAR!! My wish list right now has about a dozen basses on it (give or take 3-4 more), 3 different amp rigs and a few pedals (plus some some new socks and unders--but those can wait). Ugghhhhh.

5. GreaserMatt

GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    yes

6. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Hell no. If I find myself not playing something then I pass it on to someone who wants it. All it's doing then is taking up space where a bass I do want could be.

7. i always want more bass gear...... I can look through an old article of some guitar and bass gear and want 80% of that...

8. FSSmikey

FSSmikey

Mar 7, 2009
    Miami FL
    im out of a job right now, but im considering selling some of my personal stuff to buy more bass gear.

9. AlleyCat

AlleyCat

Feb 12, 2009
    that feeling just reminds me that i am alive! and some time i even feel that way about the gear i already got... but always gas new (feels like it). If i still want it in a few weeks i know its gotta happen.

10. I love bass gear. I know I spend way too much time on Talkbass looking at different stuff. That said, I have come to realise that some things don't work for me. I know that warwicks, although cool, would not work for me. I know that jazz basses work for me and I have 3 (fender CIJ 62 fretless, sadowsky UV 5 and I'm waiting for a 08 fender Jazz V).

Knowledge is empowering. I still get the odd crave sometimes to have a butterfly on a headstock.

11. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    :D great answer. I actually don't have so much gas anymore for basses or amps. The only thing I would now want to do is sell my StingRay and get a 5er instead of it. My amp is perfect for what I need. If I were to actually start doing big gigs I would probably get an extra cab, though I don't see myself doing that in the near future. I would love to have some effects, but I can't really use them for anything I am doing at the moment.