I need a little help...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stejnas_masni, Jan 12, 2015.

1. stejnas_masni

stejnas_masni

Jan 12, 2015
    Serbia B|
    I want to buy a new bass and i can't decide between Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass and Ibanez GSR200l. I looked rewiev's of both basses and Squier has better rating than Ibanez and it seems to me that Squier is better in every point of view, so i need your thoughts and tips. In bend we play from rock to metal/heavy metal, like Metallica,Steppenwolf,Pantera,Ozzy ... so please your opinion on this . Thanks squier.jpg ibanez.jpg

2. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I say Squire

Kustom_Thunder likes this.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I would pick almost any bass over a GSR.

Squier ten times out of ten.

4. stejnas_masni

stejnas_masni

Jan 12, 2015
    Serbia B|
    And what do you think Ibanez SR300 IPT instead of GSR200 ? I think SR300 is better choice...

5. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    It's an easy choice for me. That left handed Ibanez would be too hard for me to play.

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    The Squier is a good bet because it's easy to modify. Six months to a year from now you might want to put some quality pickups in it...Fender Super 55s for example.
    r21c92.jpg
    Easy to go active, too, with this.
    sfcrns.jpg
    Mod your VM Jazz with this stuff, you might never want to sell your bass.

7. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    All I can say is Squier quality has improved a lot in the last 15 years, the ones I tried back then were uniformly crap. Then came CNC, I suppose.

8. stejnas_masni

stejnas_masni

Jan 12, 2015
    Serbia B|
    I like that modification , so you think it can stand (i mean Squier) Pantera,Metallica(...) very well ? And please your opinions on Ibanez SR300 IPT , is it maybe better than Squier in this genre of music or should i go with Squier plz , thanks

9. I play metal with my vm Jazz in fact this is the second one I hav owned the first one I had was sold by someone fo $20 so Thay cou go buy booze. Took me 6 years to get another

10. stejnas_masni

stejnas_masni

Jan 12, 2015
    Serbia B|
    Thank you very much , so it's good it can keep up , thanks alot , and i thought it was awesome bass at the first look , probably the best of this three . Thank you again you helped

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021