I Need an ACTIVE Drummer's forum

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by slap_happy, Jul 20, 2005.

1. My highschool band recently lost its drummer to college so we're looking for a new one. Anyway, I'm looking for an active drummer's forum, one like ours with 50 or so people on at 4 in the morning you know? I've been to a few like DrumDogs and OnlineDrummer but the last posts in the "drummer classified" sections were all from a few days ago and most of those drummers are probably looking for a band with good income, etc. Anyway I just want to play music, so if you could give me the name of a forum that would be great. Thanks, Jim
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Good luck. Drum Dogs is the best one I've found.
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
  4. BTW - its considered bad manners to post the same question in two seperate forums.

You may wish to delete one.
  5. nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    i hear the forums on pearls site are pretty active...
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Back when I played it was all Drumdogs, and I've been with Online Drummer since it's inception. Pearl was pretty nice too, that's where I'd go unless you're looking to sell.
  7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    There are drummers who are active? :bag:
  8. nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Well, I checked these forums (to recommend it to our drummer) and while reading it all the drummers jokes came back to my mind.. Weird.. :confused: :D
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  10. Bass_Man61

Jul 18, 2005
  11. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yeah, it's just like an active bass... you gotta watch those 9Vs... and some have push/pull active/passive switches also! It's amazing what that can do for a band :D.

-Ray :p