1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanex BTB 6 string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 2Loud4You, Feb 23, 2008.

1. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    I just picked 1 up for a backup but considering I don't know much about them maybe some of you guys can shed some light. The serial # is written on it. Now, I understand why my Roscoe has it written (low production) but I figured Ibanez would've stamped or printed it? Do the BTB's normally have the serial # written on them? Now, the last question, I got it from Music Go Round and it was sold to them without a case, what's a good case for this thing?

Thanks

2. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    It has a serial # BUT it's written on the headstock vs. stamped or sticker.

Thanks for the heads up on the case.

3. Ah right, thats wierd. Ok, all my ibanez basses have stickers or it printed on.

Pics?

And np re the case

4. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    No pics yet. I'll have to get some soon. It's a nice bass and I'll think it'll make a great back up. I'm just curious about the serial # thing.

5. netface

netface

Jan 27, 2008
    NH
    is it a high end btb? (forget what they're called)

6. Strongjag

Strongjag

Aug 14, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Beards.
    IIRC the high end BTB (just like all sn's) have the model ending in e. BTB1006e for example. Then again, if its the newer models with the ridiculous long horns I dont know.

7. The horns on the new ones are the same length, they just look longer because the cut comes further down into the body. (fugly!)

8. 2Loud4You

2Loud4You

Jan 18, 2008
    Norcross, GA
    It was tagged as a BTB 1006. I'm not sure how much they knew about it. The serial # ends with a B. It has Bartolini's with 5 knobs and a 3 pos (mid freq selector) switch.