SOLD Ibanez AFB200 hollowbody electric + improvements

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    $360 shipped

AFB200 electric hollowbody bass in sunburst. Really a fun bass whixh sounds reall woody, but can be dialed in to be punchy on the bridge pup only and is surprisingly versatile sounding. I'm downsizing everything so looking at offing this. Plays nice. Sounds great. Short scale.

I've improved this bass immensely by the following:

- installed 4 black all-metal Warwick tuners (look like rebranded Hipshots) (a HUGE improvement over the cheap plastic tuners)
    - added a strap button on the upper horn (a HUGE improvement over the existing strap button behind the neck - sits real comfy now)
    - strung with new TI Flats (a HUGE improvement over the cheap stock strings)

Bought new on Ebay. controls are vol/tone and then a 3-way pup switch. Small scratch on fromt of headstock otherwise as new.

No gigbag but will ship double boxed.

IMG_5776.gif
    IMG_5775.gif
    IMG_5773.gif
    IMG_5772.gif
    IMG_5777.gif

Here's my attempt to show the cheap original plastic tuners as compared to the Warwick tuners which are just like the hipshots.
    GTSAFB200BS.gif

2. Is the body on this completely hollow like an acoustic guitar, or does it have a block going through the center with acoustic wings on each side?

3. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    It's sort of a hybrid. While the entire space is hollow, there is a block that is about 1/4" thick, attached to the underside of the top, that runs the length of the body between the f-holes.

Accepting reasonable, un-lowball offers.

4. I'v been considering one of these (been looking for the white one). How long have you had it and have you played it much? My style of music is more modern rock and I also play in a worship group. At church, we play direct. I run my bass through a SansAmp VT Bass Deluxe. Just curious as to how this might sound.

5. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I've had it about 4 months and it has never been taken out in public. It's very "earthy" and woody sounding, but wth the bridge pup only, can get some bite and punch.

6. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    bump for $350 shipped conus

7. Drumaniac

Drumaniac

Nov 13, 2007
    Do you have a case for it?

8. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    no case but will be double box shipped

9. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    SOLD

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.