Ibanez Black Eagle

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunderbird91, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Hello, I am looking for a Ibanez Black Eagle bass. I can't find it anywhere. It was made in the 70's i believe. Does anyone know anything about this?
  2. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
  3. does anyone know where to buy one?
  4. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

According to this post, TB'er "Nick Man" has one of these.
  5. Dude, I saw one of those in a local music shop about two months ago, I thought it was one of the ugliest things I have ever seen (shape-wise) however, I was strangely attracted to it. The price tag was a little steep though, can't remember the exact dollar amount. Something in the $400-$500 range. Then again, it was pretty beat up.

6. -Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    hi, first post
    just thought I'd help out
    theres one of these on aussie ebay at the moment going at $ 250 au
    your cant see much but it looks like the real thing
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im cool and you guys aren't! ;)

Mine honestly kicks the pants off of any Fender Jazz bass Ive ever played from any era.

The Ibanez Black Eagle bass also went by the model name 2609B. It was made between 1975 and 1977 Its slightly shorter scale than a standard jazz bass @ 33 1/2". I has two Jazz style pickups which have very strong output and a deep full sound and is controlled by a VVT style controll setup. Im not sure what the body was made of, but its heavy as hell. Probably the heaviest bass Ive owned and one of the heaviest if not the heaviest Ive played. The neck is a 3 piece maple neck with a maple fretboard that is bound and has cool black inlays thats narower than most. The pickgaurd is clear with carvings in it filled in with white and the back is painted black with certain portions left unpaited and backed with abalone or pearl.

What else do you want to know?
  8. I want to buy one.... How much?
  9. whoops double post! you can just pm me.
  10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I wouldnt even sell it for $10,000.00.
  11. AHHHH! Finnaly i find someone that has it and of course he won't selll it... this sucks.... thats anyway man... i need one to top off my Krist Novoselic impersonations.
  12. is that pickguard stock? thats pretty groovy... although i think i would need some cowboy boots to feel properly "in tune" with that ;)
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sure is stock.

I actually get a lot of compliments about its look from the punk/metal crowd.
  14. Now im so jealous... I want one so bad...