1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD IBANEZ BTB 405 QM 5er

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bricesedge03, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    SOLD!

2. I'm interested, but I have questions:

Hows the neck? Truss Rod? Electronics? Any damage or flaws that are not in the pictures or clearly shown in the pictures? One picture shows a horn with some minor swirling and scuffing, and there appears to be some scratching in the skunk stripe on the back of the neck, but it's hard to tell how extensive this is, can you please elaborate? You have a picture of the nut area... is there some issue in that picture that you are trying to capture? Hows the fret wear? Lastly, are you interested in any trades or cash sale only?

I'm not trying to be difficult, as I said, I am interested. Your statement "What you see is what you get" sounds a bit cryptic, so I'm asking for additional info. Thanks.

3. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    Sorry When i put what you see is what you get. Im not trying to over sell it.The neck is straight. it has dual truss rods that work. The electonics are good. The picture of the scratch on the lower horn is the worse you are going to see. there is swirling but you really dont see it till theres a flash on it.
    The blemish on the back of the neck is hard to get a good picture of. To describe it, it looks like the previous owner may have laid it on top of another bass and the strings dented the wood. Its not deep and as i said when you are playing it its hard to notice. I was just trying to show the matching head stock. the nut has not been touched. Frets have minimal wear, finger board has minimal wear. Im looking for cash only. trying to sell all most my basses to get one really killer bass. any more questions or tell me if i need to be more specific.

4. Thanks. That's good information and certainly casts the bass in a much different and better light. I'm still thinking on it, the GAS is there... the funds are trying to catch up!!!!

5. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    i know the feeling. im trying to sell 5 of my basses to get one sweet one. Let me know man.

6. Noonan768

Noonan768

Jul 6, 2009
    St Johns, FL
    Bump for a good guy and good stuff. His equipment is all in good shape. i have personally played most of them.

7. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    bump

8. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    thursday bump

9. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    burrito

10. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    meow

11. Tax return is filed, refund coming.... we'll see if this bass lasts that long!

12. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    gotcha man

13. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    ttt

14. How is this still here! Great deal on a sweet bass. I love my BTB! Good luck Smokin' Toaster.

15. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    bump

16. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    ttt

17. kjd

kjd

Aug 12, 2008
    whats the weight on this bass. is it neckthrough?

18. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    i dont have a scale. Its not the heaviest bass that i have and its not the lightest. It is bolt on neck.

19. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I have the 4-string version of this. I consider the weight of it to be extremely manageable, though my frame of reference is my "other" bass (a 1978 Precision) so take that for what it's worth. The neck is extremely comfortable and you can get quite a range of sounds out of these babies between the two pickups and the sweepable mid EQ.

These are pretty good basses for the money, especially used. $350 is a fair price. Also, if you're used to 4's and/or 34-inch scales, be aware that all BTBs have a 35-inch scale.

20. Bricesedge03

Bricesedge03

Apr 12, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    i also have a 4 string version. the bodies are the same size. neck is obviously bigger. My 4 string is really light. If i had to compare it to another bass, i would say its about the same weight as my friends 4 string musicman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.