Ibanez ICB200

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by joshsmog, Mar 9, 2004.

1. I've got my mindset on the new icb200. I've played it in a store and thought it was exactly what I want:
    light, affordable, great looking, and a nice tone.

I wanna hear your opinions of it and if anyone
    owns one please post a pic. :hyper:
  2. [​IMG]

im gassing so bad for one please hold mme over with some more pics
  3. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN

4. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona

(Not talking about the bass.)
  5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Me making fun of the recent Ibanez arguments on here is lame?

6. lol, yeah the hting about fieldy is stupid. all ibanezs' arent the
    same and if you don't play like a complete idiot you wont sound like fieldy.

seriously though if you see one of these in a music store
    try it out their pretty cool.
  7. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Basically, yeah.

Anyway, is this ICB some sort of reissue? I seem to remember years ago seeing a picture of Sean Yseult from when she was still in White Zombie playing an ICB (Iceman, is that right?) that was blue and had little stars all over it.

They're cool to me in the same way Thunderbirds are cool (in that they both look really neat, but I'd have to play them to say I like either enough to buy) and she's hot. :)
  8. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    they remind me of a Gibson guitar, nut I dont know how it was called. Very very similar, even the elongated headstock is there... the only difference is that those were guitars...

Is Ibanez nowadays ripping of other brands/basses? (like this and the Lakland, etc...)? :spit:
  9. i think gibson your talking about is the explorer? yeah its pretty similar.
    Don't know about ibanez ripping off other companies. as long as the bass is good i dont care what brand name is on it.
  10. Joshmog, I played one about 3 weeks ago, and arrived at the same conclusion as you - it's a nice bass for a good price. Another Ibanez that is worth checking out is this guy: http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=SRX400

Very nice bass with a very hot pickup.

11. Cool, if i see it anywhere ill definetly be sure to check it out.
    im not too big on that hulkin pickgaurd.
  12. Recently got the chance to play this bass in the store, I feel the same way; great looks, great feel, lightweight, strong sound, and comfortable pickup trim for resting the thumb. Currently considering ditching all my Fender stuff and just buying the Iceman (money for big amp :) ).

Most of all, I'd like to address the copycat issue. The common misconception is that the Iceman is a "copy" of the Gibson Thunderbird and/or Explorer basses. Not true. While Ibanez is certainly guilty of copying other basses (see Rickenbacker lawsuit), the Iceman is one of the company's few original designs (from the 70s I think). So this new bass is a reissue, not a copy. However, I would certainly agree that the Iceman design was inspired by the Thunderbird's general shape, which was a radical departure from what Fender was doing at the time of that bass's debut.

That having been said, it remains to be seen whether I will make the jump for it, but it has the overall best neck I think I've played. Hard decision. Hmm, basses are like women...

[only cheaper] :p

Peace out, y'all.
  13. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
  14. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    All looks, no sound.