Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez PD7 - samples?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bpm2000, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Im looking for a cheaper OD/Dist pedal, and the Ibanez PD7 seems highly recommended. I searched for posting of some sound samples but did not find any (sorry if there are some, perhaps my search terms were incorrect). Anyways, the tones on the Ibanez webpage sound like absolute crap to me, but I wanted another example from someone who actually owns one if possible.

thx in adv.

2. sorry about the crappy singing and just overall horribleness of the song...

www.soundclick.com/coldfire/

listen to the song climb. You can hear it during the choruses (chori?). It doesn't sound great because we recorded it on a 4 track tape recorder, but it is a good pedal for the money.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I used to own the Ibanez, and I didn't much care for it. I found the distortion to harsh and buzzy. But I would just like to suggest the EHX Big Muff. I use it a lot, it sounds great, there isn't too much low end loss, and you can get a wide variety of sounds. It's also very easy to use, and is fairly inexpensive. Comes in a cool wooden box. Give one a try! :)

Graeme :bassist:

4. Is the distortion always in your face like that or is it possible to just add a touch?
    thx for the clip btw.

5. Charr

Charr

May 14, 2004
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    i use the PD-7 for ligt overdrive, but i my opinion its a great pedal, because i can go from pretty light drive to growly distortion!
    But for the really nasty growly parts i favor the Big Muff USSR :p