1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ibanez Prestige 6 String. Very nice bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kmrumedy, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    I bought this bass 8 years ago. I can't remember the model number. It is the high end Ibanez Presitige. I was told to seek out the ones with the skinny pickups as they were supposed to sound better. Who knows but it is a great.....I mean really great playing and sounding bass.

I just took it to my luthier and he went through it and installed a new set of DR Black Beauties. Prefect shape as you can see by the pics. Just one belt scratch on the back. It also comes with original case which is missing one latch.

I have no idea what these are worth. I paid $850 for it. Would like to sell quickly. Lets say $750 plus shipping. I am based in Montreal area.

Here are the pics.

image_zps31695eae.

image_zps8754a713.

image_zps893dd726.

image_zps41063671.

image_zps5b51ddc0.

image_zps1a75e9a6.

2. Looks great!

3. Funkyputz

Funkyputz

Mar 22, 2011
    New Albany, IN
    If you unbolt the neck (loosen strings first of course) it should have the model stamped in the neck pocket. Plus if it has the full serial number on it then you can look it up on online. Some model years didn't stamp the full serial number on them for some reason. Only the last 5 digits

4. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    That's a beauty! Never seen one of those with single coils, very nice - GLWTS!

5. Tharos

Tharos

Sep 16, 2013
    My guess is ibanez prestige... it could be 1006, 3006, 4006 or 5006. Based on pots, it's either 1006 or 3006, the 4000 and 5000 haven't got the stacked pots.

Great bass, I wish I had the money for it. Good luck, man.

6. Tharos

Tharos

Sep 16, 2013
    I may be wrong, but I think 3006 came in two options: ibanez pickups or bartolini pickups. I've read mixed opinions in this forum and haven't listened to it myself, so I can't say either one is better than the other.

What pickups does your bass carry?

7. nosajwp

nosajwp

Jun 14, 2005
    Winston-Salem, NC
    This would be an Ibanez SR1306 (first version)...very nice!

8. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Perfect. Thank you. I looked up 1306 but I couldn't find any pictures with these pickups so I wasn't sure. I was told when I bought it that it was an early version of the Prestige.

9. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    I keep getting asked for shipping quotes to numerous zip codes. The courier websites quotes seem much higher than when you go to the counter.

So......to save me time and hassle and you money......

I will split the shipping cost with the buyer. That way shipping cost should not be much of a factor.

Thanks.

John

10. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    Big fan of the SR130x series. If I didn't already have funds aside for another instrument, this would be coming to NY.

BUMP!

11. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Thought I had this sold. Not sure why people send offers, you accept, then they go AWOL.

Back up for sale.

12. Tharos

Tharos

Sep 16, 2013
    What's the string spacing on this beauty? I'm guessing pretty tight... right?

13. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Yes. Very tight which makes it a great finger style bass. I believe the spacing is something like 14 - 16.5mm. I can't find the specs on this early model.

14. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    SOLD!!!

Thank you TB!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.